Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know, I’d rather this year we had people who were ready to upgrade the first team.

There is a cycle developing where we buy a young player, enable him to develop, sell him, sign another young player . . .

Then BR can forever use the excuse that he has a young squad.

He was going on about how inexperienced they were after the Chelsea game but it's just not true. An average age of 27.3 in the starting line up is not a young team.

I don't care how old a player is as long as he can improve our squad. Too often, having some young players is just an excuse to never have a squad that is capable of handling itself under pressure.

There is a cycle developing where we buy a young player, enable him to develop, sell him, sign another young player . . .

He was going on about how inexperienced they were after the Chelsea game but it's just not true. An average age of 27.3 in the starting line up is not a young team.

I don't care how old a player is as long as he can improve our squad. Too often, having some young players is just an excuse to never have a squad that is capable of handling itself under pressure.
I also really don’t like the idea that we should never buy anyone above the age of, say, 28 because of lack of “resell value”. Let’s buy players to win matches, which will then have a knock on effect on the resell value of the younger players.

He was going on about how inexperienced they were after the Chelsea game but it's just not true.

Well yea obviously, the bloke is a constant spouter of complete and utter bollocks.

My dad saw Youri Tielemans yesterday after the game, he was visiting friends near dad’s house. He caught Youri as got back in his car and said hello. Apparently Youri was really friendly and chatty and when my dad said a bit cheekily ‘hope we see you next season’ Youri said ‘we’ll see….’

I reckon he’s staying. How’s that for a totally unfounded rumour?!

My dad saw Youri Tielemans yesterday after the game, he was visiting friends near dad’s house. He caught Youri as got back in his car and said hello. Apparently Youri was really friendly and chatty and when my dad said a bit cheekily ‘hope we see you next season’ Youri said ‘we’ll see….’

I reckon he’s staying. How’s that for a totally unfounded rumour?!
Did your dad see Lee Chapman as well? If not i don't believe it.

My dad saw Youri Tielemans yesterday after the game, he was visiting friends near dad’s house. He caught Youri as got back in his car and said hello. Apparently Youri was really friendly and chatty and when my dad did a few practice swings with the baseball bat he happened to be carrying and said knowingly, ‘hope we see you next season...’ Youri said ‘we’ll see….’

Trouble is, whenever my parents said, 'we'll see' it usually meant 'No'.

Word on the street is that his agent is seeking a Champions League club in Spain or England.

So far, no club that fits the bill has expressed an interest.

If no suitable option emerges, he could sit out his contract where he'd become a more sought after signing next summer.

As Leicester need to generate income, I'd expect us to prefer to begin to try to facilitate his exit now.

Word on the street is that his agent is seeking a Champions League club in Spain or England.

So far, no club that fits the bill has expressed an interest.

If no suitable option emerges, he could sit out his contract where he'd become a more sought after signing next summer.

As Leicester need to generate income, I'd expect us to prefer to begin to try to facilitate his exit now.
Or he signs a new contract on increased terms, but with a release clause that works for both sides. Unlikely, but perhaps the only way he'd sign anything new with us.

Or he signs a new contract on increased terms, but with a release clause that works for both sides. Unlikely, but perhaps the only way he'd sign anything new with us.
I think that’s exactly what he meant by ‘We’ll see’

Would prefer to sell and allow us to bring someone in who wants to be here.

Although I have no faith in this lot identifying a player

Yeah, but surely if he'd been agreeable to that, it would have happened by now.
Don’t disagree with that at all, unless he expected more demand than there has been.

As I say, I don’t think it’ll happen, was just wondering if there was any other potential outcome.

Cags is wanted in Madrid

As bad as a season he has had I can not help but feel for him a little, he was the main stay of a defence that was missing key players for most of the season, I guess these two sides are interested on his performances from previous seasons?

Personally I would like to see him stay he is a useful player who has probably just had one of those shit seasons? If he goes it should be 30 million plus not sure why there are rumours of BR submitting a bid for Lookman he is not good enough imo.

I think Soyuncu is a good player, and I can see him being a big success at another club. But I think it's the right time for him to leave Leicester. As with a number of other players, I think both they and the club would benefit from a parting of ways.

He'd suit Atletico Madrid for certain.

Agreed. Selling him at a healthy profit and signing Tarkowski on a free would be a good bit of business
Tarkowski is pretty much guaranteed to end up in a Newcastle shirt. We should have gone all out to buy him last year.

Soyuncu was pretty awful for a while here before he found his feet. He then became an excellent defender but without a brain next to him he's a fox in the headlights. I like him, but he's not going to be happy sitting on our bench or being rotated and I can't see him dislodging Fofana or Evans as a mainstay. This is the conundrum; we need to sign someone who is better than Evans or someone who is happy to rotate with Evans and who's as good. Soyuncu fits the mould for the latter but I just don't think he'd be happy to spend a third of his time as a sub.

Villa and Everton both already in for Tarkowski now. Some rumours saying we are too.

I'd be furious if we didn't go for Tarkowski, he's exactly what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263