Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa and Everton both already in for Tarkowski now. Some rumours saying we are too.

I'd be furious if we didn't go for Tarkowski, he's exactly what we need.
Depends on the financial package and whether that is a driving factor for the player.

From a footballing perspective I maintain we are the best option outside of the "big six" ... but from a financial perspective Everton and Villa are likely to overpay for his services.

If he goes for the extra money over the opportunity to win stuff...he's probably not the right player for us anyway.

Depends on the financial package and whether that is a driving factor for the player.

From a footballing perspective I maintain we are the best option outside of the "big six" ... but from a financial perspective Everton and Villa are likely to overpay for his services.

If he goes for the extra money over the opportunity to win stuff...he's probably not the right player for us anyway.
All true, but he probably is also first pick on Villa and Everton’s team sheets. He won’t be if he joins us. Could be a factor for him.

Based on reports from Percy over the last few years, our recruitment team rated Tarkowski but BR has never been convinced.

I think we only go for him if we can't afford a quicker, more technically capable alternative.

We did sign Vestergaard after all.

And if we could have signed Tarkowski for £15m last summer, we would have done. Different time, different requirements.

It's obvious to me that we won't now sign Tarkowski though. BR has been really clear what he wants and he doesn't fit.

I'm not convinced by Tarkowski either but he would at least be free in terms of the fee now. Burnley really shot themselves in the foot not moving him on whilst he had some value. Supposedly they're recent takeover was largely debt fuelled as well so relegation could leave them in some serious shit.

Based on reports from Percy over the last few years, our recruitment team rated Tarkowski but BR has never been convinced.

I think we only go for him if we can't afford a quicker, more technically capable alternative.
And that is what BR wants and needs.

Nick Pope is someone we should be trying sign I believe he has a release clause now Burnley have been relegated? This guy has been immense between the sticks and is guaranteed to get you 9 pts a season he is that good imo.

If so, they certainly haven't watched him here. Just watch his defending as we capitulated a year ago.

shudder.

When we signed him I worked a lot with a german sports newsroom/editorial group. The EIC told me we'd get very frustrated by Soyuncu and that he was talented but brainless. I thought Cags had grown out of it, but in truth, the German was right really.

**** off with £25m, I'd keep him for another year rather than sell for that little.

With a full summer break, we could have the original Tielemans back and not last seasons.

I don't see Arsenal as a preferred destination for him. His agent will be parlaying their interest to hopefully force hand of a few Champions League clubs.

I could actually see him staying here rather than jumping to Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263