Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Translated from Turkish by
Atletico Madrid reached an agreement with the national player Çağlar Söyüncü for the end of the season. Atletico is pushing Çağlar to join their squad at halftime. He is in a transfer bargain with the Spanish representative Leicester. If an agreement is reached, Çağlar will wear the Madrid jersey earlier.
Errr... what? Isn't this from before the Jan window?

**** me. Rodgers alienated a player who is good enough to play Atletico Madrid, and blamed it one someone else. Dick.

Tielemans, Soyuncu and Mendy walk out the door with not a single penny coming back in return - 70/80 million quid, right there

What a complete ****ing mess

Tielemans, Soyuncu and Mendy walk out the door with not a single penny coming back in return - 70/80 million quid, right there

What a complete ****ing mess
Yeah but we sold Maguire four years ago and might get two bob and a conker when Maddison ****s off to play for blood money so all is well

I feel we've got our money's worth out of Papy. If he decides to go (if we stay up, he might stay) then he'll go with my best wishes. Lovely little player.

Youri, I dunno wtf is going on there. Again, if we stay up then it's not outside the realms of possibility that he'll stay (wages allowing). I don't think he will but you never know. Tbh, I'm not convinced there are other clubs that look at him enviously and he'd be interested in. Overseas perhaps but does he want to move his family etc? He doesn't seem your standard money motivated person to me. If the club can put something together then who knows?

But with both (indeed all) players, the club's finances will dictate.

I feel we've got our money's worth out of Papy. If he decides to go (if we stay up, he might stay) then he'll go with my best wishes. Lovely little player.

Youri, I dunno wtf is going on there. Again, if we stay up then it's not outside the realms of possibility that he'll stay (wages allowing). I don't think he will but you never know. Tbh, I'm not convinced there are other clubs that look at him enviously and he'd be interested in. Overseas perhaps but does he want to move his family etc? He doesn't seem your standard money motivated person to me. If the club can put something together then who knows?

But with both (indeed all) players, the club's finances will dictate.
Youri moved his family out of Quorn when he thought he was on his way earlier this season so I guess a move isn't a problem for him, the difficulty is finding a team that is really interested in him after a fairly average season.

Youri is young enough and good enough to get a move to a club currently fairing better than us. May be abroad now though.

Youri is young enough and good enough to get a move to a club currently fairing better than us. May be abroad now though.
Seems like the kind of player that PSG or even Man City would sign for free and give a massive contract to be a squad player.

Youri moved his family out of Quorn when he thought he was on his way earlier this season so I guess a move isn't a problem for him, the difficulty is finding a team that is really interested in him after a fairly average season.
He is still in the area. I think he just changed rentals. His kid goes to Loughborough Grammar nursery.and his Mrs helps out there looking after the kids.

PSG feels likely.
At least more so than Man City imho. I don't think he's quite up to their level tbh, and without the potential to develop to it. I'm not convinced he'd add anything to their squad, on a free or otherwise. To my way of thinking, a move abroad is more likely.

At least more so than Man City imho. I don't think he's quite up to their level tbh, and without the potential to develop to it. I'm not convinced he'd add anything to their squad, on a free or otherwise. To my way of thinking, a move abroad is more likely.
Yeah I can see him ending up in Italy.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463