Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

He's not though is he.

He's been completely shite for us and has been a total waste of resources too.

The sooner he goes, the better for both parties.
Yes. He is. He's a good defender who has proved himself time and time again for club and country. He was brought in and then not given any opportunity to play to his strengths. He is an excellent passer of the ball and is comfortable in possession, he is very good in the air but he must have mobility around him. He needs to play in a specific system and we just don't or at least haven't done this.

He's every right to be critical and every right to run his contract down should he wish.

The problem I have with Vestergaard is not his pace. There are plenty of high quality slow defenders.

He's also clearly a capable player because he's had a good career.

My issue with him is his application since being at my club. He just doesn't look like he's trying very hard. Mistakes are okay, bad positioning is okay, failing to make a challenge is okay.

I question his professionalism.
I agree with most of this. The only mitigation I would offer is that under Rodgers, it became clear that he was never going to be used or at least used properly. He'd no doubt been promised x, y and z to come here and then found himself pissing away his career in a bench or knocking around with the U21s. It may not be totally professional, but I can see why he might have just got to a point where he no longer cared. He just thinks he's been screwed over royally and I would, in part, agree.

Yes, Veste gets some stick, unfairly imho, for basically not being a different kind of player. Given that though I honestly don't get why he hasn't jumped (an unfortunate choice of word given the criticism he gets) The Fulham offer particularly seemed decent - but then, what do I know of it? There's clearly an element of 'accepting the pay cheque' for all his words of not being in it for the money.

And as unfairly criticised as I think he is, I don't see a 'top 5' team player in him, unless he's talking of returning home, or other such leagues. I think that bit is a tad delusional on his part. But yes, fair enough, have the aspirations.

Leicester City defender Jannik Vestergaard has rejected a possible move to Saudi Arabia this summer, but firmly believes he will complete a transfer this summer.

Knob!

Leicester City defender Jannik Vestergaard has rejected a possible move to Saudi Arabia this summer, but firmly believes he will complete a transfer this summer.

Knob!
Vestegaard is a knob for rejecting a move to Saudi. Barnes is seen (by some) as a knob for signing for and accepting Saudi blood money.

Vestegaard is a knob for rejecting a move to Saudi. Barnes is seen (by some) as a knob for signing for and accepting Saudi blood money.

But it's fine for the club to accept Saudi blood money by selling Barnes to them.

I'm sure when the Newcastle takeover went through there was talk of clubs refusing to sell players to them. But of course that didn't happen, because money.

But it's fine for the club to accept Saudi blood money by selling Barnes to them.

I'm sure when the Newcastle takeover went through there was talk of clubs refusing to sell players to them. But of course that didn't happen, because money.
No, it's not fine. The club are as ****ing complicit as the players. It's despicable.

Vestegaard didn’t become a different player 24 hours after we signed him. He’s the same player he was at Southampton. That’s Southampton, a team who played in the most watched league in the world. He’s the exact same player who played regularly for Denmark. It’s our fault that we signed him and had absolutely no idea how to get the best out of him.

He’s not obligated to leave just because we want him to. Contracts work both ways. If Fofana, etc. were knobs for signing a contract and then forcing a move, the club are a knob if they try to force a player out. And from his perspective, the last move he made ruined his career. I respect him for want big to make sure his next move is the right one for him and his family.

I just wish Vestergaard would piss off because he's a.) Crap, and b.) Doesn't want to be here. Bloke has delusions if grandeur. One of the very worst signings we've ever made. 7ft tall and can't head a ball...

Evidence from his former club and games for his country would suggest otherwise.
Southampton fans thought he was shite as well, particularly in the air for 6'7 defender

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463