Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the evidence we have seen so far points to him being a bit shit. No, a lot shit. He's been the poorest player on the pitch pretty much every opportunity he's been given. All this guff about needing time and settling in blah blah blah is simply nonsense. He's had time and opportunity to show his strengths and even against some incredibly weak opposition he has disappointed time and time again. We don't have the luxury of enough time to allow us to throw him into the mix and watch the ship sink for a while in the slim hope that he will find some form, instead we should be concentrating on allowing Choudhury, a player who has taken his chances, to blossom. Silva is a dud. At least in Iborra we have seen the odd game where there are flashes of ability, even though he isn't good enough either but with Silva we have seen the sqare root of **** all to suggest he is even close to being half decent.
Bollocks,

All evidence suggests that Silva is a quality player, his previous form for his country, his previous form in the Portuguese league and his previous form in the Champions League.

What is obvious is that LCFC have ****ed him about to an incredible level.

As for us not having the luxury of time for him to settle, then what the **** are we doing with Wilfred Ndidi?

We have all the time in the ****ing world as it's clear we have no aspirations of winning ****ing anything.

Sorry Silva, we're desperate to finish 7th-10th this season so we just can't risk putting you in instead of Wilfred.......

Playing central midfield in the Premier League is a role that takes time to get to grips with.

We are already playing with 1 player there as Wilfred hasn't turned up all season.

A player cannot be written off in the position through playing 20 minutes every month.
Oh yes he can if you believe in what you read on TB

I reckon Keemar Roofe might move in January, out of contract at the end of the season too.

Bollocks,

All evidence suggests that Silva is a quality player, his previous form for his country, his previous form in the Portuguese league and his previous form in the Champions League.

What is obvious is that LCFC have ****ed him about to an incredible level.

As for us not having the luxury of time for him to settle, then what the **** are we doing with Wilfred Ndidi?

We have all the time in the ****ing world as it's clear we have no aspirations of winning ****ing anything.

Sorry Silva, we're desperate to finish 7th-10th this season so we just can't risk putting you in instead of Wilfred.......
Ndidi has proved his worth in the past. He may be having a poor patch but we are aware of what he can do. To compare him to Silva, who has shown absolutely nothing at all in terms of any quality, is crass stupidity.

Silva may well have done okay in a poor Portugese league and okay in a few CL games. He may have had the odd decent game for Portugal although his one goal in only 26 appearances since 2014 perhaps doesn't scream international class, but none of this means anything at all, does it. It's all academic. Far, far better players have come to the Premier League and failed and far, far better players have come to Leicester City and failed. Whether you like it or not, he must be judged by the minutes he has had on the pitch for us and these have been absolutely appalling. Nothing you can say will negate how bad he has been from the very first time he stepped on the pitch for us, even against some terrible opposition.

Whatever you imagine is happening - a ridiculous conspiracy about a manager not picking him because 'he doesn't like him' or some such bollocks - the more likely explanation is that he is as poor in training as we have seen on the pitch otherwise he would be getting a place on the bench or in the team. Maybe, just maybe, he isn't good enough.

I just don’t think he’s had enough of a run personally.
The same argument was made for Slimani. He was woeful as he has been in a dreadful Turkish League. Sometimes, as a club your hands are tied as to how much time you can give to someone who is patently not good enough.

Roofe would be a fantastic alternative to Vardy however if Puel has any involvement in recruitment would that be the type of striker he would be looking to bring in, as they don't real fit with his style of play.

Silva is the player most suited to Puelball out of our squad. That he rarely gets a sniff makes me think it's more than lack of ability that sets him back.

Silva is the player most suited to Puelball out of our squad. That he rarely gets a sniff makes me think it's more than lack of ability that sets him back.

It's either a shit in Puel's 2CV, or he's got a very small tadger and is an embarrassment in the showers

It's either a shit in Puel's 2CV, or he's got a very small tadger and is an embarrassment in the showers
Whereas Ndidi is packing like a racehorse, hence he's in every week. With Gray and Maddison of course it's a case of having imaginary massive bollocks.

I'm not sure we could get him but I'd look into getting Adam Lallana, he could be what we're missing in CM

I'm not sure we could get him but I'd look into getting Adam Lallana, he could be what we're missing in CM
I did wonder this myself, earlier in the week. I think it’s highly unlikely, as you say, but it’s the sort of thing we should be looking at, IMO.

a lot of Bundesliga clubs, including Bayern looking at signing Callum Hudson-Odoi, maybe worth a loan offer for the rest of the season while we let Barnes see out the season at WBA

a lot of Bundesliga clubs, including Bayern looking at signing Callum Hudson-Odoi, maybe worth a loan offer for the rest of the season while we let Barnes see out the season at WBA

Not a bad shout but rather than help develop a player for another club I would prefer us to recall Barnes and give him the rest of the season to show what he is capable of producing and gaining valuable experience in preparation for next season, it would also give Gray much needed competition and kick up the arse to reach the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566