Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much of the lack of activity is down to the sort of player(s) we want aren’t available.

last January we had glaring weaknesses that needed addressing and we failed to do so, the same is happening now, Brendan better hope he doesn't suffer the same end of season collapse due to those weaknesses

Why are they willing to spend money on everything but transfers? I get that the training ground was in development before the pandemic but they seem to be pushing on with the redevelopment of the stadium regardless of their monetary troubles.

I refer my learned friend to my post of a few minutes ago.

Why are they willing to spend money on everything but transfers? I get that the training ground was in development before the pandemic but they seem to be pushing on with the redevelopment of the stadium regardless of their monetary troubles.
I guess they can fund ground developments from loans whereas at the moment I can’t see a pot of money in the bank to splash 10-30 million on a player?

I've got to say that I'm pissed off.

We have consistently failed to show any interest or perhaps vision in terms of finding an understudy for Vardy.

We are potentially going to piss away another fantastic opportunity because we have **** all options outside of Vards.

We've offloaded a right old load of shit recently, all on silly wages.

We seem to have loans going out for the rest of time on top of selling at least one top player every season. To not use some of this to give Rodgers options outside of Vardy is absolutey criminal.

The shit we're being linked with is just bizarre.

Long term planning isn't a bad thing. Prestige of that sort of shit works. Would prefer we also had some sponds for wages etc but if all we can look at is a shite watford player I'd rather we kept the money. Barca are struggling at the mo so it's not just us little clubs.

I've got to say that I'm pissed off.

We have consistently failed to show any interest or perhaps vision in terms of finding an understudy for Vardy.

We are potentially going to piss away another fantastic opportunity because we have **** all options outside of Vards.

We've offloaded a right old load of shit recently, all on silly wages.

We seem to have loans going out for the rest of time on top of selling at least one top player every season. To not use some of this to give Rodgers options outside of Vardy is absolutey criminal.

The shit we're being linked with is just bizarre.

I'd be surprised if we're not paying a fair chunk of the wages on the shite we've let go tbh. Not sure who we'd get that's decent and would play second fiddle to Vardy either. That lad at Bournemouth was supposed to be for sale for £5m, £100k wages but isn't very good.

That expenditure was approved and commenced pre-covid. Ground was well broken.

last January we had glaring weaknesses that needed addressing and we failed to do so, the same is happening now, Brendan better hope he doesn't suffer the same end of season collapse due to those weaknesses

Counterpoint. The club better hope Rodgers doesn’t get the hump and **** off.

It baffles me that people think there are all these strikers out there who we can go and get in January.

Barca need a quick handjob and £20 to see them through til March. Would be worth poaching one of theirs until then.

It baffles me that people think there are all these strikers out there who we can go and get in January.

That's not the point.

We have never even remotely got close to finding someone who can fill in or learn from vardy.

I don't think it's possible that there aren't strikers in the leagues below who fit our style better than Nacho or Perez but are rough around the edges and would gladly be part of our setup.

We have absolutely nobody in the entire club who is capable of playing in thd most crucial position on the pitch outside of JV.

We sign midfielders and defenders like they are going out of business but our planning in terms of recruit g a 2nd striker is poor.

As much as we all get excited about new signings and it would be great to see more players come in right now to help us push on/secure a top 4 finish, how they've chosen to spend the money they've put in to the club can hardly be questioned can it?

Look how far they've brought us and you can't exactly complain about not investing in transfers.

The infrastructure funding will also see them leaving us in a much better long term position too.

I'd love to see signings too, but as much as we want success now they're clearly doing a very good job of establishing us as a bigger team who can challenge at the top consistently.

That's not the point.

We have never even remotely got close to finding someone who can fill in or learn from vardy.

I don't think it's possible that there aren't strikers in the leagues below who fit our style better than Nacho or Perez but are rough around the edges and would gladly be part of our setup.

We have absolutely nobody in the entire club who is capable of playing in thd most crucial position on the pitch outside of JV.

We sign midfielders and defenders like they are going out of business but our planning in terms of recruit g a 2nd striker is poor.

Agreed there. But in January unless you're spending big money they're likely to be shite, especially reserve options. The summer was the time to try and get a player to compete with Vardy. £100k a week or whatever for King who never plays sums it up for me. Just give Nachos a nice cuddle and a reach around and release him v Fulham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669