Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

That's not the point.

We have never even remotely got close to finding someone who can fill in or learn from vardy.

I don't think it's possible that there aren't strikers in the leagues below who fit our style better than Nacho or Perez but are rough around the edges and would gladly be part of our setup.

We have absolutely nobody in the entire club who is capable of playing in thd most crucial position on the pitch outside of JV.

We sign midfielders and defenders like they are going out of business but our planning in terms of recruit g a 2nd striker is poor.

Brendan has said today we will be looking for a striker in the summer.

Jimmy Lad

I've got to say that I'm pissed off.

We have consistently failed to show any interest or perhaps vision in terms of finding an understudy for Vardy.

We are potentially going to piss away another fantastic opportunity because we have **** all options outside of Vards.

We've offloaded a right old load of shit recently, all on silly wages.

We seem to have loans going out for the rest of time on top of selling at least one top player every season. To not use some of this to give Rodgers options outside of Vardy is absolutey criminal.

The shit we're being linked with is just bizarre.
I fully believe we are brassod

Graz

I'm gutted there's no striker signed in January, or at least an attacking mid, but it's been a quiet transfer window for everyone, not just us.

Who else has even made signings in January, let alone ones to be jealous of?

Arsenal signed Odegaard on loan - that's about all I can think of.

Covid is clearly ****ing a lot of teams finances and prospects of deals. Try and have a bit of perspective...

silly fox

A bad deal is worse than no deal. If you can’t get the right player in now, and Jan is notoriously difficult, then better to keep the powder dry till summer.

Miles Away

I'm gutted there's no striker signed in January, or at least an attacking mid, but it's been a quiet transfer window for everyone, not just us.

Covid is clearly ****ing a lot of teams finances and prospects of deals. Try and have a bit of perspective...

Liverpool

Matt_B

Covid means players can't travel for medicals either so last minute deals are much harder. Also, with the new Brexit regs, foreign transfer scoops will be a lot harder going forward.

Lako42

Covid means players can't travel for medicals either so last minute deals are much harder. Also, with the new Brexit regs, foreign transfer scoops will be a lot harder going forward.

Why can't they? It's essential travel as its part of their work requirements.

Matt_B

Why can't they? It's essential travel as its part of their work requirements.
Just going by what an agent was saying on the radio last week. I think it's more players from abroad coming in, but he said it's having an impact and clubs are having to line things up in more time.

Lako42

Just going by what an agent was saying on the radio last week. I think it's more players from abroad coming in, but he said it's having an impact and clubs are having to line things up in more time.

That's why we aren't signing anyone then

We already know our fax machine is slow.

Matt_B

That's why we aren't signing anyone then

We already know our fax machine is slow.
To be honest,the Brexit thing worries me. A lot of our imports have been young or little known players, which is going to be a lot harder to do now.

fitz

To be honest,the Brexit thing worries me. A lot of our imports have been young or little known players, which is going to be a lot harder to do now.

Mark Fish will make a comeback though.

parafox

The annoying thing is we can't just take a desperate punt on two players from dire teams, as Liverpool have done, and then easily shift them if they turn out to be crap as they have the prestige of being blessed by an almighty big 6 club. We would be stuck with them for years. Even when they don't spend a lot, they have that advantage.

FOX Franks

The annoying thing is we can't just take a desperate punt on two players from dire teams, as Liverpool have done, and then easily shift them if they turn out to be crap as they have the prestige of being blessed by an almighty big 6 club. We would be stuck with them for years. Even when they don't spend a lot, they have that advantage.
Absolutely. You just know that Davies lad will be shit, won’t play for a couple of years, will be sold for 5m. Probably to Reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669