Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we shipped out Slimani and Gray, Praet, Wilf and Vardy got injured and we've bought in nooooooooowwwwwwoooooooooone.
Screwed up on not having a

Not exactly a pepped up squad for the Fulham game I wouldn't have thought.

If we're taking out loans covering our TV income until 2023, why does anyone expect to see us spending on players?

The accounts will be published soon and I predict that they will be scary.

Our business model is to sell then reinvest. We'll sell again in the summer and that will give us a bit to spend.

If we're taking out loans covering our TV income until 2023, why does anyone expect to see us spending on players?

The accounts will be published soon and I predict that they will be scary.

Our business model is to sell then reinvest. We'll sell again in the summer and that will give us a bit to spend.

Depends on Champions League qualification I suspect.

Depends on Champions League qualification I suspect.

Which won't happen because we have 1 striker in the entire club.

We've took out 7 loans and completely failed to plan properly for when Vardy is unavailable.

We now have to play PL, FA Cup and Europa league with 1 injury prone 34 year old striker.

Horrible stuff

Yeah, if only we could go back to the heady times of having an abundance of strikers, the good old days where we could pick between DJ Campbell, Elvis Hammond, Mark DeVries, Danny Cadamateri & Barry Hayles.

What a joy that was and really emphasises how shit things are right now.

Yeah, if only we could go back to the heady times of having an abundance of strikers, the good old days where we could pick between DJ Campbell, Elvis Hammond, Mark DeVries, Danny Cadamateri & Barry Hayles.

Huuuuuuuuuuuuume

If only we could go back to the heady times of having Vardy, Okazaki and Ulloa.

If only we could go back to the heady times of having Vardy, Okazaki and Ulloa.
Don't forget Shluppy

3888.jpg

Weird comment.

We should have been all over the Minamino loan.

Decent bit of business, but I suspect Liverpool (like Arsenal) also wouldn't have been keen on loaning out a player to a team they're in competition with.

We're currently a point behind Liverpool - why would they possibly want to loan us a player to help us? They want Minamino to get PL experience I assume. He can get that at Southampton without being a threat to Liverpool's own objectives.

Decent bit of business, but I suspect Liverpool (like Arsenal) also wouldn't have been keen on loaning out a player to a team they're in competition with.

We're currently a point behind Liverpool - why would they possibly want to loan us a player to help us? They want Minamino to get PL experience I assume. He can get that at Southampton without being a threat to Liverpool's own objectives.
Maybe. It would have been nice to have bothered asking though. Maybe we did, who knows but I'm just a tad annoyed that we have repeated the same mistake that cost us last time. I know it's difficult, I get that, but I don't think we are as 'skint' as some like to make out, at all. Nobody knows the finances of the club, that's true, but the old adage of speculating to accumulate comes back like a slap in the face as it did last year. If we drop put of the top 4 or even top 6, it will not be that surprising.

We have known for a long time that Nacho is piss poor and that Slimani wasn't a footballer but we've done nothing about it.

Maybe we have a long term target, or someone lined up for the summer and using our budget poorly in this window would jeopardise that? Maybe there are players out there who we wanted, but either they, or their clubs, didn't want to do the deal?

Who knows, but I doubt we didn't try to get something done, as Rodgers said we tried, so without any inside knowledge, I'm just going to assume that something like that has happened and, like most of the teams in the league, we're going to continue as we were.

Clearly it's shit or bust scenario if we are this povo.

CL is an absolute must yet to get there we need more than zero strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570