Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Javier Sotomayor? Best chance we’ve got of someone getting on the end of one of Maddison’s corners.
Verne Troyer on the near post, Sotomayor on the far post.

didn't they take an offer that looked dodgy from the off?
Yep, the article mentions it. A Spanish company that bid a daft amount and then had difficulties (shall we be fair) in meeting the commitment they'd made... or reneged might be another word.

Ah come on now.

Your first point is the same argument some had on here about Musa etc - “he wasn’t given enough opportunities”. If he was good enough, he’d have got those opportunities.

I’m really not sure why you’ve brought Choudhury’s name into it. Just because he hasn’t been more garbage than Choudhury doesn’t mean he should be a transfer target.

Your second point at least makes some sense.
Having opportunities for Liverpool given their squad, is markedly different to having opportunities in ours over the past few seasons. Kane wasn't given opportunities for Spurs because of the quality they had, until they were desperate. We all know how that worked out. Musa et Al had plenty of chances as it happens; they were shit at nearly every point.

It's not quantum mechanics is it. Choudhury is shit. If we had any chance of bringing in a player who has, in the past, shown more than Choudhury ever will, indeed, enough for Liverpool to spend £8m on him, then for a no obligation punt as a loan would have been, it would have been worth a go.

Would rather us go balls out for Ings as he's proven at this level and a real hard worker so would be a good replacement without having to change the system much.

Ings will move on this summer imo and if we get CL, don't see why we can't tempt him here.

I think Ings would probably be a better signing but would we have the funds for that and would he want to come?

Having opportunities for Liverpool given their squad, is markedly different to having opportunities in ours over the past few seasons. Kane wasn't given opportunities for Spurs because of the quality they had, until they were desperate. We all know how that worked out. Musa et Al had plenty of chances as it happens; they were shit at nearly every point.

Minamino hasn’t had a chance but Musa had plenty of opportunities?

Minamino in the PL: 19 starts, 15 sub appearances.

Musa in the PL: 21 starts, 14 sub appearances.

It's not quantum mechanics is it. Choudhury is shit. If we had any chance of bringing in a player who has, in the past, shown more than Choudhury ever will, indeed, enough for Liverpool to spend £8m on him, then for a no obligation punt as a loan would have been, it would have been worth a go.

Getting rather fed up with this constant unjustified criticism of Hamza Choudhury. Beginning to sound like you have an agenda against him for some reason. Leave the lad alone. He's given his life to this football club and doesn't deserve the vicious verbal onslaught he keeps receiving.

Having had a look at Edouard in action today I think he is worth a punt. His control, pace and finishing are easily better than that of Iheanacho and Perez.
It’s difficult to get an idea of how good a player is from watching him play park football. Fair enough he scored two against Kilmarnock, but so did I.
I think Ings would probably be a better signing but would we have the funds for that and would he want to come?
Ings has a year left on his contract, he’ll be on the move in the summer and he won’t cost the earth. Doesn’t fit our recruitment model, but I actually wouldn’t mind it.

Minamino hasn’t had a chance but Musa had plenty of opportunities?

Minamino in the PL: 19 starts, 15 sub appearances.

Musa in the PL: 21 starts, 14 sub appearances.
Okay. Ignore everything else and concentrate on Musa. I think Minamino is probably better than what we have was my point and that a loan without obligation would have been without risk. Still, carry on.

Holy flaps.

Getting rather fed up with this constant unjustified criticism of Hamza Choudhury. Beginning to sound like you have an agenda against him for some reason. Leave the lad alone. He's given his life to this football club and doesn't deserve the vicious verbal onslaught he keeps receiving.
:043:

Oh... this is a joke post I assume? Because if it isn't....

Holy ****tardial flappage of the seriously what the twatbollock kind.

We should not be wasting our few copper coins on any player from Scotland.

“given his life”.. did he die on the (mid)field of battle?

I also dont think he is a fantastic player, but I would have thought it would be worth keeping hold of some home grown players who are happy to be in the squad as opposed to in the first team week in, week out. I don't think a club of our stature can have world beaters throughout the whole squad who would be happy to sit on the bench.

I think it's a shame we haven't been able to get him out on loan to Newcastle. That would have been some great experience for him battling it out at a club that usually has to defend more than it attacks. Everyone thought Mendy was finished at this club but he was given time to develop and it paid off. Hamza is already at a decent level and he could easily improve with some more experience.

I think it's a shame we haven't been able to get him out on loan to Newcastle. That would have been some great experience for him battling it out at a club that usually has to defend more than it attacks. Everyone thought Mendy was finished at this club but he was given time to develop and it paid off. Hamza is already at a decent level and he could easily improve with some more experience.
I'm not sure it has paid off fully. Barring a few tidy games at the start of the season, Mendy has been back to his woeful self in his last few appearances. He is such a Jeckyl and Hyde type player. I suppose it has paid off in the sense that he's a half decent' replacement but nothing more really.

It was amazing at the start of the season when I though to myself 'actually, this guy is pretty decent before Ndidi came back and the chasm in class was plain to see.

I also dont think he is a fantastic player, but I would have thought it would be worth keeping hold of some home grown players who are happy to be in the squad as opposed to in the first team week in, week out. I don't think a club of our stature can have world beaters throughout the whole squad who would be happy to sit on the bench.

The word on the street is that he isn't happy being a squad player, hence all the transfer window fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263