The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Wout Weghorst has apparently started following LCFC and Vardy on Instagram. Signing imminent?
Prolific striker…that is everywhere apart from the Premier League. 37 appearances and 2 goals.

But still better than Daka.

He's a good player, am I drawing too many connections thinking how Cooper did well with Chris Wood?

Still the Soule, will he, won't he, will he, won't he....well just **** off then, drags on. If we do (seriously doubt it) sign him, he's going to have to play like Messi not to earn my instant hatred, which he won't, so I'll hate the ****.

Prolific striker…that is everywhere apart from the Premier League. 37 appearances and 2 goals.

But still better than Daka.
Vards playing off him would be good fun

It’s not the number one position we need, but we do still need another winger. McAteer and Marcel are not good enough at this level.

It’s not the number one position we need, but we do still need another winger. McAteer and Marcel are not good enough at this level.
Yes I see it as an upgrade in squad quality, rather than just adding to the number. Sending both of them out on loan, or selling them, and adding Nelson, would make us stronger overall.

I still think Mcateer has something about him.
Maybe, but he was clearly not as good as Mavididi and Fatawu last year and that was against Championship opposition. I think he’s got a bit of a knack for being in the right place at the right time, goal-wise, which is an asset in itself, but I’m not sure he has the quality outside of that. I think a loan and playing every week in the Championship would tell us that, but he didn’t get enough minutes last year to be sure.

Maybe, but he was clearly not as good as Mavididi and Fatawu last year and that was against Championship opposition. I think he’s got a bit of a knack for being in the right place at the right time, goal-wise, which is an asset in itself, but I’m not sure he has the quality outside of that. I think a loan and playing every week in the Championship would tell us that, but he didn’t get enough minutes last year to be sure.

I thought he looked good, but was a bit unlucky with his injury that came when he was in decent form.

I do agree though, a season in the Championship would probably do him a lot of good.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34