The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

I thought he looked good, but was a bit unlucky with his injury that came when he was in decent form.

I do agree though, a season in the Championship would probably do him a lot of good.
Yes I’m not saying he was crap or anything like that, just that he didn’t look anything massively special, but more minutes may help him with that. Let’s face it, KDH had hardly done anything before he got playing time on loan at Luton and it wasn’t like he was particularly young when he did that, so playing time may well be what he needs in order to kick on.

I still think Mcateer has something about him.
He's a real strange one for me.

Isn't as good as others on the ball or beating a defender one on one or finding a killer through ball but the work rate and defensive side of the game is brilliant and we haven't really had a goalscoring midfielder like this since Andy King broke into the team.

I keep thinking he's playing above his level but to be fair to him, whenever he is given the chance, he usually delivers.

I still think at his age and stage of his career that regular football is the best thing for him though and he might be best having a loan in the Championship for the first half of the season.

He's a real strange one for me.

Isn't as good as others on the ball or beating a defender one on one or finding a killer through ball but the work rate and defensive side of the game is brilliant and we haven't really had a goalscoring midfielder like this since Andy King broke into the team.

I keep thinking he's playing above his level but to be fair to him, whenever he is given the chance, he usually delivers.

I still think at his age and stage of his career that regular football is the best thing for him though and he might be best having a loan in the Championship for the first half of the season.
I’ve a sneaky feeling he’d make a decent striker.

We've only got one winger good enough for the PL

We are quite winger heavy but not good winger heavy

McAteer showed last season that he wasn’t good enough to play in the Championship in his natural position, but yes let’s play him up front in the Premier League.

Honestly you can’t make this shit up. Silly season is well and truly here.

I always thought the VIZ letters page was a joke, and the editor made them up. I didn't realise that actual people wrote up (D. Ward, Wales).
1000018342.jpg

McAteer showed last season that he wasn’t good enough to play in the Championship in his natural position, but yes let’s play him up front in the Premier League.

Honestly you can’t make this shit up. Silly season is well and truly here.
Harry Kane wasn’t very good for us on the wing either.

No one is saying start him. I just think from what I have seen of him it’d be worth seeing how he performs in that role. We have an enormous training facility and lots of players. We also have games against teams that don’t count for anything. It’s possible to test out different roles and positions for prospects we have at any time and in a multitude of ways.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711
9Tottenham 710
10Nottm F710
11Brentford710