The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Tidy player. He's a more modern style defensive midfielder than Ndidi. His passing is excellent.

One of my (many) concerns about this season is our dependence on Ndidi in front of the defence. Skipp is much more mobile and switched on than the version of Ndidi we've seen over the last few years.

It depends how much he'll cost us too. About £10m is a good deal. I wouldn't be keen if it's £15m+.

Agree, decent signing and a good age too.

Decent amount of PL experience and still young enough to develop

We’re desperate and they know it
We aren't desperate and the fee will be nothing like what has been quoted at the Spurs end. I remember when Newcastle quoted we had bought Perez for 30 million and the actual fee was less than half.

We need a midfielder.

Not convinced Skipp is the type we need. Not great defensively, not great attacking wise.

But we're so short of quality and midfield options so....

We don't have any type of creative midfielder on our books, but we're signing 100 wingers so assume that's the plan. Setup to be solid.

2-3 of Winks, Skipp, Ndidi and Hamza in midfield. Maybe Buonanatte ahead of them when we are chasing a game or setting up against a bottom half club. Then 3 wingers in front.

Seems a lot of money for a fairly average player, but if it means we don't have to play Choudhury it's an absolute winner.

But, ****ing hell, please buy a ****ing striker FFS

Seems a lot of money for a fairly average player, but if it means we don't have to play Choudhury it's an absolute winner.

But, ****ing hell, please buy a ****ing striker FFS
It seems okay really in this ****ing ludicrous market but yeah, we are so desperate for a striker I'd take Carl Cort back.

I do think Winks has the ability to play further forward so maybe the Skipp signing allows to move Winks up on occasion.

He’s a decent age, has premier league experience, is very versatile, and knows Winks a bit (I suspect).

It’s a sensible signing, but as others have said, we still need a striker, big time.

Also, has a look at the Spurs forum.

General feeling is decent player, some injuries have slowed him down from reaching his full potential and that he will likely do well here.

Also, has a look at the Spurs forum.

General feeling is decent player, some injuries have slowed him down from reaching his full potential and that he will likely do well here.

Agree with that assessment.

If the price is the quoted £20m with £5m in add-ons, that's bad value. He's a good addition, better than the other recruits so far, but there were better midfielders available this summer for that sort of money.

I still think we need a central defender because none of ours inspire any confidence. We definitely need a left back. We need a attacking midfielder and at least one striker.

Unless we're selling someone else for decent money, I can't quite see how the budget being blown this way helps.

Can’t see us getting another central defender? Unless Faes somehow got his dream transfer out.

Can’t see us getting another central defender? Unless Faes somehow got his dream transfer out.
I can’t see it either, but I do think we’re weak there. Faes and Vestergaard will be a laughing stock in the Prem this season. Coady is injured and Okoli is an unknown who has just been relegated in Italy. Which is why I’m surprised Souttar was allowed to leave on loan, even despite his limitations.

I can’t see it either, but I do think we’re weak there. Faes and Vestergaard will be a laughing stock in the Prem this season. Coady is injured and Okoli is an unknown who has just been relegated in Italy. Which is why I’m surprised Souttar was allowed to leave on loan, even despite his limitations.
Nelson, innit.

I know we are kind of desperate, but if these figures are actually correct we’ve been well ripped off

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34