The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

I know it's not the most popular suggestion...

But Enzo has made it very clear that Chilwell is not wanted at Chelsea. Mostly because he doesn't fit ze system.

We should bring him back on loan.
He's not wanted because he's a bit shit. Let's not travel that road again.

I know it's not the most popular suggestion...

But Enzo has made it very clear that Chilwell is not wanted at Chelsea. Mostly because he doesn't fit ze system.

We should bring him back on loan.

There’s a reason neither Pochetino nor Maresca will play him - he’s turned to ratshit

There’s a reason neither Pochetino nor Maresca will play him - he’s turned to ratshit

To try to be serious for a moment, we do know that there is a very good player there. I agree that he's gone bad but I think he's spoken quite openly about having had mental health issues and I expect that to be the main reason for his decline.

Perhaps coming back to where he's been most settled and secure would be the ideal thing for him and us.

To try to be serious for a moment, we do know that there is a very good player there. I agree that he's gone bad but I think he's spoken quite openly about having had mental health issues and I expect that to be the main reason for his decline.

Perhaps coming back to where he's been most settled and secure would be the ideal thing for him and us.
If we could get Chilwell back. He would be a lot better than what we have at the moment.

Don’t understand why left back is a priority for us.

Not sure anyone said left back was a priority, but it’s an area that needs improvement.

I don’t see Thomas and Kristiansen as Premier League left backs, do you?

Thomas isn't. Kris might be. Justin has been, and might still be.
From pre season it looks as though Cooper sees Justin as a right back.

From pre season it looks as though Cooper sees Justin as a right back.
Which is strange because I would say Riccardo is one of the best 3 or 4 players at the club.

he's spoken quite openly about having had mental health issues and I expect that to be the main reason for his decline.

LOL, yes, perhaps he should also have a look at this forum, a microcosm of the Leicester faithful. I'm sure that will do his mental health a world of good.

Which is strange because I would say Riccardo is one of the best 3 or 4 players at the club.
Ricardo is a conundrum.

I completely agree that he is one of our better players. But if we play with a back 4 and want the full-backs to get forward and attack, I don’t think physically his body will hold up to that. Rodgers plan of having no right-winger and playing Ricardo as basically a full-back and a winger in one, flogging him up and down the pitch for 90 mins is the main reason why he was injured so much. Justin is much better suited for that role.

If we play a back three with wing-backs, again, Justin is better suited for that role.

The Enzo system was perfect for Ricardo. It played to all of his strengths. He is a much better footballer than Justin. But he no longer works as an orthodox attacking full-back. Could he play alongside Winks at the base of the midfield? I think he can but we’ve seen no evidence of that in pre-season.

We never saw a 'very good player'. Chelsea never saw a 'very good player'. England have never seen a 'very good player'.

I think that's all because he's not a 'very good player', never has been a 'very good player' and never will be a 'very good player'.

We never saw a 'very good player'. Chelsea never saw a 'very good player'. England have never seen a 'very good player'.

I think that's all because he's not a 'very good player', never has been a 'very good player' and never will be a 'very good player'.

Just be honest. When you see him, you get butterflies in your nether regions. A longing that you've never really explored. It confuses you.

Just be honest. When you see him, you get butterflies in your nether regions. A longing that you've never really explored. It confuses you.
Yes. It's the same as when you get an erection every time you make reference to ze system.

So we've gone from discussing what players we could do with to homoerotic fantasies about Ben Chilwell and "ze system." This place never fails.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45