The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

What if it is Cooper that is putting off players coming here?

If there is no Sméagol/Gollum, Frodo won’t throw the ring in the fire and will try to escape with it. Evil wins.

Gollum’s desperation for the ring drives his actions to their zenith. He bites off Frodo’s finger for the ring and meets his fiery end.

It’s the reminder that sometimes the things we see as horrible mistakes end up being our saving grace.

I always remind myself of that. And it’s Gollum who’s the toxic one. Sméagol really wanted to be redeemed.

Happy with the recruitment then?

Reminder, we play on Monday.
That's a ludicrous and nonsensical comment. No, I'm not, but I'm also not going blame the club when players choose a better offer or an offer that suits their personal circumstances more than the one we could make them.

I was making reference to a single signing that had fallen through despite the best efforts of the club. I have as much idea of what is going on in the background as you or anyone else and I have concerns about what we have done so far but none of that, not a bit of it, has anything to do with this signing not happening.

If there is no Sméagol/Gollum, Frodo won’t throw the ring in the fire and will try to escape with it. Evil wins.

Gollum’s desperation for the ring drives his actions to their zenith. He bites off Frodo’s finger for the ring and meets his fiery end.

It’s the reminder that sometimes the things we see as horrible mistakes end up being our saving grace.

I always remind myself of that. And it’s Gollum who’s the toxic one. Sméagol really wanted to be redeemed.
So which is Steve?

To be fair, Cooperman comes across very well in his press conference. Much better than I thought. Rightly, his focus is on Monday night. He can't control anything other than that.

Seems an honest enough decent fella

But that’s not exactly the main skill we’re looking for

Seems an honest enough decent fella

But that’s not exactly the main skill we’re looking for

When was the last time we had a 'normal' man as manager? We've had a right list of oddballs over the last few years.

Shakespeare and Kelly are the only ones I can think of.

When was the last time we had a 'normal' man as manager? We've had a right list of oddballs over the last few years.

Shakespeare and Kelly are the only ones I can think of.

One of oddest of them all was Ranieri

Like I said being a ‘normal’ bloke is not the trait we are necessarily searching for

To be fair, Cooperman comes across very well in his press conference. Much better than I thought. Rightly, his focus is on Monday night. He can't control anything other than that.
Yep he came across very well.

It’s refreshing to not have to listen to an arrogant smarmy **** like we’ve had to for the past 5 and a half years.

One of oddest of them all was Ranieri

Like I said being a ‘normal’ bloke is not the trait we are necessarily searching for
We could have Ian Holloway....

I thought Enzo was alright. I’d have a beer with him. Perhaps a bit arrogant, but that’s never been too much of a bother.

Rodgers was a proper weirdo. No mates.

Yep he came across very well.

It’s refreshing to not have to listen to an arrogant smarmy **** like we’ve had to for the past 5 and a half years.

Just watched the whole press conference.

I agree that he came across as an honest, decent man. I'm sure that the players enjoy working for him.

I'm just left with a nagging worry that he's trying a bit too hard to please. He needs to call it what it is. The sooner the seige mentality is set up, the better.

Probably not very inspiring to his players before the first match to tell the world that he is managing a pile of poo that does not have a clue.

Just watched the whole press conference.

I agree that he came across as an honest, decent man. I'm sure that the players enjoy working for him.

I'm just left with a nagging worry that he's trying a bit too hard to please. He needs to call it what it is. The sooner the seige mentality is set up, the better.
Yeah but he’s not going to start slagging off the board to the press in his first pre match conference. He was very diplomatic and so he should really.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45