The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

What rules? Why should we understand them? His tax liability is not our problem.

Of course it is. Don't you think net salary is the key question every agent moving players between countries cares about? It's fundamental to any negotiation.

Zaha has been touted around the PL over recent weeks. We're the only mugs that didn't work out why it wasn't realistic.

I would expect it to be one of the first things we ask questions about and resolve

Obviously not

It’ll all calm down when we’re top after 10 games
Remember when we went top under Peter Taylor.
People buying the sports for the league table, as a cut out and keep, as it would never get better than this , would it?

[Well, Certainly not under PT, but that’s another story]

People buying the sports for the league table, as a cut out and keep, as it would never get better than this , would it?

I cut the table out and stuck it on the wall next to my desk - mainly cos I was surrounded by ****ing Yanited fans

Wasn’t long before I took it down again…..

I cut the table out and stuck it on the wall next to my desk - mainly cos I was surrounded by ****ing Yanited fans

Wasn’t long before I took it down again…..
Is the table from when we won the league still up?

His tax dodge arrangements should be his problem.

A year ago, Palace offered him £200k a week to stay and he turned it down. I shudder to think what he's on in Turkey. They 'officially' pay him less than £80k a week but he sure as shit didn't go there for a pay cut. I expect tax breaks are a big part of the reason that he's there.

A year ago, Palace offered him £200k a week to stay and he turned it down. I shudder to think what he's on in Turkey. They 'officially' pay him less than £80k a week but he sure as shit didn't go there for a pay cut. I expect tax breaks are a big part of the reason that he's there.

Tax breaks, new teeth and kebabs.

I do remember. It’s funny, as we were pretty shit as I recall pre and post Wycombe. There is hope for us yet this season!

What rules? Why should we understand them? His tax liability is not our problem.
Correct. Nothing to do with LCFC in the slightest. It is between Zaha and his accountant, who if he or she had half a brain would have told him of the tax consequences of going abroad and then coming back to the UK.

He’s not even that good. Absurd money.

He’s not even that good. Absurd money.

It's difficult to judge his worth tbh. Tom Daley has supposedly got a net worth of £3m but I've not seen how that is made up over years of sponsorship etc. He'd have to spend a lot on yarn to be worth that while earning £200k a week.

Stop it.

We must blame our club for everything that goes wrong. They also caused Covid and the failure of HS2.
HS2 isn't a failure though. Ask anyone flogging property in Birmingham, or the Londoners snaffling it up. It did what it was designed to do. "The North" was always going to get **** all. I said so the day it was announced. A pack of lies to secure "red wall" votes.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45