The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

We don't need another nice, even tempered, well behaved young man in the squad. We need players with some bollocks who are going to get angry, and who are going to hold teammates accountable, and who are going to be pissed off when it's going to shit on the pitch. We've needed many of these types of players for years.
Completely agree. I remember when MON signed Ian Marshall, Steve Claridge and Spencer Prior when we went back up. Was massively underwhelmed when they came in. However they were all up for the fight and put proper shifts in.

Ayew is such an awful signing. Give me the £4 million and I'll find you someone better from a local grassroots team.

It's becoming a little bit clearer why Forest brought in bucket loads of shit.... Everyone was quick to blame the owners but maybe the truth lies elsewhere.

Ayew is such an awful signing. Give me the £4 million and I'll find you someone better from a local grassroots team.

It's becoming a little bit clearer why Forest brought in bucket loads of shit.... Everyone was quick to blame the owners but maybe the truth lies elsewhere.
You’re not a big fan of our new man are you. Did he shit on your front lawn or something?

You’re not a big fan of our new man are you. Did he shit on your front lawn or something?
I'm neither a fan nor a hater. I'm looking at each thing as it comes up. So far, preseason has been awful and our recruitment looks to be scattergun. I don't think the appointment of Cooper is a bad one but I also think we could have done a bit better. In the end, if he makes it work than I'll be a happy bunny. If he doesn't, then I won't be.

The fact is, I don't like some of the things we're seeing at the moment. That may all change against Spurs and I will react to that if and when it happens.

Why must people want everything so definitively? You are allowed to have concerns as much as blind faith. I'll continue to take things as they come and make my mind up based on the facts of the matter.

I'm neither a fan nor a hater. I'm looking at each thing as it comes up. So far, preseason has been awful and our recruitment looks to be scattergun. I don't think the appointment of Cooper is a bad one but I also think we could have done a bit better. In the end, if he makes it work than I'll be a happy bunny. If he doesn't, then I won't be.

The fact is, I don't like some of the things we're seeing at the moment. That may all change against Spurs and I will react to that if and when it happens.

Why must people want everything so definitively? You are allowed to have concerns as much as blind faith. I'll continue to take things as they come and make my mind up based on the facts of the matter.
I have concerns and you’re right we should, but then again I would have had concerns if Enzo was leading us back into the PL or anyone else based on our current situation.

However, your comments and assumptions post Cooper’s appointment include subtle digs and niggles. i.e a rumour that Ayew is joining provides insight into Forest’s recruitment policy being Cooper’s doing! That’s not ‘facts’ on which you’re making your mind up. The facts I’ll be basing my mind up on are points won or lack of.

I’m afraid Pop you’ve morphed into your arch nemesis this season! 😃

Have you and City Fan had brain transplants this summer???

However, your comments and assumptions post Cooper’s appointment include subtle digs and niggles. i.e a rumour that Ayew is joining provides insight into Forest’s recruitment policy being Cooper’s doing! That’s not ‘facts’ on which you’re making your mind up. The facts I’ll be basing my mind up on are points won or lack of.
Yep. Everything that he had a go at others for doing at this point last season.

Hopefully he’ll **** off to support Chelsea soon so he can lust over Enzo. Shame Ayoze Perez didn’t go there instead of Villarreal, as that would have sealed the deal for sure.

Another shit signing Steve Cooper is responsible for bringing in, is almost done

Yep. Everything that he had a go at others for doing at this point last season.

Hopefully he’ll **** off to support Chelsea soon so he can lust over Enzo. Shame Ayoze Perez didn’t go there instead of Villarreal, as that would have sealed the deal for sure.
You're a strange little sensitive fellow.

Anyhow, back to the conversation, I have no idea how he will do and I'm hopeful he will be a success. It is however, a fact that Forest's recruitment whilst Cooper and his team were there was ludicrous and that none of us know how much of a part they played in that. It is a fact that our recruitment so far asks more questions than it answers. It is a fact we have been atrocious during preseason. It is a fact we have changed almost everything about the way we play in the last month and look worse for it SO FAR.

I don't really know what is so difficult to understand about that. I've said time and time and time again that I understand how hard Cooper's job is and that I'm hopeful he will prove to be a good fit but I'm not prepared to say ****ing idiotic things like 'he is an upgrade on Enzo' without any factual evidence at all.

I will ask again, why can't we judge things as they happen? Play really well against Spurs and I will have plenty of positives to write about. Play like we did against Lens and I will continue to criticise.

What I won't do, is cry about us winning games then disappear in a huff if we are successful because it didn't fit the narrative I made up.

You're a strange little sensitive fellow.

Anyhow, back to the conversation, I have no idea how he will do and I'm hopeful he will be a success. It is however, a fact that Forest's recruitment whilst Cooper and his team were there was ludicrous and that none of us know how much of a part they played in that. It is a fact that our recruitment so far asks more questions than it answers. It is a fact we have been atrocious during preseason. It is a fact we have changed almost everything about the way we play in the last month and look worse for it SO FAR.

I don't really know what is so difficult to understand about that. I've said time and time and time again that I understand how hard Cooper's job is and that I'm hopeful he will prove to be a good fit but I'm not prepared to say ****ing idiotic things like 'he is an upgrade on Enzo' without any factual evidence at all.

I will ask again, why can't we judge things as they happen? Play really well against Spurs and I will have plenty of positives to write about. Play like we did against Lens and I will continue to criticise.

What I won't do, is cry about us winning games then disappear in a huff if we are successful because it didn't fit the narrative I made up.
Our recruitment has asked more questions than it is answered for most of the last 8 years.

And Cooper was clearly not happy about the recruitment at Forest, there were several he declined to play. It was clearly driven from the crazy owner.

And you talk about narratives…really…?

Our recruitment has asked more questions than it is answered for most of the last 8 years.

And Cooper was clearly not happy about the recruitment at Forest, there were several he declined to play. It was clearly driven from the crazy owner.

And you talk about narratives…really…?
You know nothing of what went on at Forest. Literally nothing.

Enzo ball would have had to be adapted for this season, if he had stayed, as I don’t believe many premier league clubs would have sat back like majority of teams did last season.
Maybe SC is taking this into consideration [ i sure hope so]

Enzo ball would have had to be adapted for this season, if he had stayed, as I don’t believe many premier league clubs would have sat back like majority of teams did last season.
Maybe SC is taking this into consideration [ i sure hope so]
I hope so too. I guess we will see during the first few games. It'll be interesting to see if he is adaptive to the opposition which is something Enzo wasn't great at and something much more necessary for this league.

The first few games might be rough but I just want to see us with some sort of a game plan that makes the best of what we have. I don't really care about results for the first few games it's all about performance.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45