The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

I am pleased the Zaha thing looks serious as if it works it will be great.

But I do have a nagging feeling it feels like it’s got big money return to the PL flop written all over it. The kind of thing West Ham used to do when we invested sensibly.

Hope I’m proved very wrong

But I do have a nagging feeling it feels like it’s got big money return to the PL flop written all over it. The kind of thing West Ham used to do when we invested sensibly.

I get “one for the manager” vibes.

It feels a bit West Ham, so the fact West Ham weren't in the running makes me feel better.

And it's a loan.

I think it's a cracking signing.

Signing Zaha worries me. It's another one of those 'big names' that in all likelihood wants nothing more than a last payday in England.

It could work out, but it's more likely not going to.

Signing Zaha worries me. It's another one of those 'big names' that in all likelihood wants nothing more than a last payday in England.

It could work out, but it's more likely not going to.

I've always loathed Zaha. He's probably second only to Kane in my shit list.

However, he's exactly what we need.

Loads of PL experience. Knows how to win fouls, slow or speed up the play, winds up opponents, gets at refs, etc.

In footballing terms, he can play anywhere in the forward line and has a good scoring record.

I expect him to get injured as that seems to be a thing with him nowadays and he's a prize **** of a person but if he was perfect he wouldn't be coming our way.

I've always loathed Zaha...

At sometime or other I guess we all must've worked with someone who was undeniably good at their job -but in every other respect was the unbearable dickhead type.

Still, needs must - we need a player besides Vardy who has a clue of where the goal is

I've always loathed Zaha. He's probably second only to Kane in my shit list.

Loads of PL experience. Knows how to win fouls, slow or speed up the play, winds up opponents, gets at refs, etc.

In footballing terms, he can play anywhere in the forward line and has a good scoring record.

I expect him to get injured as that seems to be a thing with him nowadays and he's a prize **** of a person but if he was perfect he wouldn't be coming our way.
I totally agree...... If that's the Zaha we get. I hope it is but we may end up with the one who has a face like a smacked arse and doesn't want to bother half the time. That's the risk I guess.

Speedie and Wise are probably the two possibilities for Zaha.

Does he give his all for the club and get our grudging respect or does he just prove his ****ishness.

Zaha is a vile arrogant cheating diving ****, who may well turn out to be a perennially injured mardy arsed twat who disrupts whatever morsel of team spirit we have left

Oh he might just be bloody brilliant

It's a massive gamble, but that's where we find ourselves

Zaha has 20 out of 20 for diving in the football manager database that exists only in my head. Proper little cheating **** that lad. We'll stay up on pens alone.

We don't need another nice, even tempered, well behaved young man in the squad. We need players with some bollocks who are going to get angry, and who are going to hold teammates accountable, and who are going to be pissed off when it's going to shit on the pitch. We've needed many of these types of players for years.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45