The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Forest supporting friends were / are quite rightly critical of their owner and the sheer volume of transfers, but they are also critical of many of what they considered Cooper transfers.

They put their survival down to about half a dozen players of the shed load that worked out, Brennan Johnson and "themselves" as the twelfth man.

Looks like the Zaha deal has collapsed.

All to do with tax liability for him returning from Turkey.

Doesn't look like we understood the rules.

Some reports (probably bollocks) suggesting Soumare has 'demanded a transfer' but 'only to Roma'. Hopefully, if this is true it's because Cooper has told him he's getting nowhere near the team.

Useless, ****ing, time wasting, fat assed, lazy, cock noodle.

I'm not too upset if this is the case. I'm just not convinced he'd be a sensible acquisition.

We’ve had 3 whole months to get this shit done. We’re starting to look somewhat desperate, which completely ****s our negotiation position.

I'm not too upset if this is the case. I'm just not convinced he'd be a sensible acquisition.

That's the case with all those signed to date and those randoms that come in over the next couple of weeks.

They're all batshit blind man throwing darts at a list on a wall signings.

We don't do sensible.

I’m also quite weary of the kind of loan deals that’s being banded about, in particular with Hlozek, in which we’re obligated to buy if we stay up.

They could be complete garbage but then if we manage to stay up in spite of that, next seasons transfer budget will be wiped signing a load of shite. It seems quite risky to me, but I guess that’s where we’re at.

I’m also quite weary of the kind of loan deals that’s being banded about, in particular with Hlozek, in which we’re obligated to buy if we stay up.

They could be complete garbage but then if we manage to stay up in spite of that, next seasons transfer budget will be wiped signing a load of shite. It seems quite risky to me, but I guess that’s where we’re at.
Yep. But like you say, if that's the only way we can get them in then needs must I suppose.

That's the case with all those signed to date and those randoms that come in over the next couple of weeks.

They're all batshit blind man throwing darts at a list on a wall signings.

We don't do sensible.
I agree. It's just the fact that we k ow Zaha and his weaknesses I guess. It shouldn't make a difference though, you're right.

Oh dear, the poor little bugger will have to pay UK tax on his earnings in Turkey, presumably due to residence qualifications. I would imagine that this would also apply to any mercenary who has taken the Saudi blood money. Let's hope so.

The manager himself has publicly used the word ‘desperate’ to describe the state we’re in, so that’s moot

Wary?
Yep wary.

But also weary from reading so much shite on here.

The ‘we’ve had months’ thing applies to probably every club. You get the deals done that you can, but others are like buying a house. There are often a ‘chain’ of transactions. So, club X won’t let player Y go because they are waiting on a deal with club Z.

That doesn’t mean our recruitment department do nothing. It just means you have to wait for some things. The more ‘in demand’ positions on the field (such as number 10/strikers) in particular can be a waiting game.

The ‘we’ve had months’ thing applies to probably every club. You get the deals done that you can, but others are like buying a house. There are often a ‘chain’ of transactions. So, club X won’t let player Y go because they are waiting on a deal with club Z.

That doesn’t mean our recruitment department do nothing. It just means you have to wait for some things. The more ‘in demand’ positions on the field (such as number 10/strikers) in particular can be a waiting game.
Stop it.

We must blame our club for everything that goes wrong. They also caused Covid and the failure of HS2.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45