The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

And so, all potentially good things come to an inevitable end…

And then we are left in the darkest, filthiest of all foul and disgusting holes……..preparing to say hello to Jordan Ayew

Whereas Ipswich have agreed a deal for Szmodics

So in summary, everyone we’ve been linked with this week has had a look and said ‘nope’.

In the eyes of the fans, Rudkin is basically the cat from the Simpsons

Totally unqualified for the job, danger signs going off all around, enemies with the theoretically much more competent Susan Whelan - Rudkin is Homer.

Oh FFS, the two exciting rumours that looked like they'd make an overnight difference to this squad are Gona in 48 hours.

Yay Cannon ..

Let's sit tight. Patience is the key.

So, we made our offer to a player. We waited for him to say yes or no. A different offer that he preferred and that means he doesn't have to upsticks came in and he accepted that one.

And this is all the fault of the club....

Some folk love an excuse to bitch.

So, we made our offer to a player. We waited for him to say yes or no. A different offer that he preferred and that means he doesn't have to upsticks came in and he accepted that one.

Awfully written post, this.

I’m afraid we are simply not an attractive proposition at the moment. I can understand why it’s going to be tough. As useless as I believe Rudkin is, I’m not sure anyone would fare better presently.

Whilst a decent striker is needed; and that is going to be both difficult and expensive, I am a little disappointed (to say the least) that we haven't added a couple of reasonable midfielders. We are down to the bare bones in midfield and a couple of inexpensive workhorses shouldn't be beyond our abilities.

Happy with the recruitment then?

Reminder, we play on Monday.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47