The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Successive managers have said or hinted similar things about frustrations regarding transfers.
Nah it’s clearly all the manager’s faults, they’re in charge of who comes in and out, apparently,

Successive managers have said or hinted similar things about frustrations regarding transfers. I don’t necessarily agree with the way they go about things on this topic, but the message behind it is fairly consistent. I understand that managers will always push for more signings, but the frustration element of things often sounds like they were expecting different, as if in some way they were told things that aren’t happening.

Pure speculation on my part, obviously, but this isn’t the first time that things like this are being said/implied.
Yep. The club aren’t being honest with candidates, or are managing them poorly. No doubt about it.

The previous manager never whinged about transfers did he?
Certainly not before the start of his first season on the back of bringing in four players. He also had enough in the bank to suggest he knew what he was talking about.

I'd suggest Cooper should work on getting us to play some actual football by having, you know, a plan or some tactics before he starts moaning and groaning.

But of course, you don't know how bad we've been so you really don't understand the position we're in.

Cooper knew about our PSR problems before he was invited for interview, so knew there was little money for big transfer targets, so should not be moaning about it publicly. Especially as he was dealing with the same problems at Forest.
I suspect that if some players do not want to come here, it is possibility because we are going to be fighting relegation from day one.
Once they know what their salary is going to be, I imagine they focus on what style of football is going to be played.
Our facilities are world class, so no problem there. Just the manager and style to think about.

on the one hand we are constrained by finances, on the other hand we’re shopping around. Presumably against some planned income.

It’s all very confusing. Let’s hope our spreadsheet is in working order this time

on the one hand we are constrained by finances, on the other hand we’re shopping around. Presumably against some planned income.

It’s all very confusing. Let’s hope our spreadsheet is in working order this time
Rudkin’s on the case, don’t you worry

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46