The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Yeah but he's a pretty good one to be fair - he can provide the goals KDH would have likely got for us and he's also a really high energy/workrate player so he replaces that side of the game too.

This season we just need to stay up in whatever way possible as getting relegated, and likely having to face FL sanctions for last season, could be the death spiral we avoided last season.

If we get this lad in, he'll want to prove he's good enough to be starting in the PL and it should be extremely low risk as I'd imagine he'll be on a very sensible contract coming from Brighton, though he may get pissed off when he realises he only gets paid half of what some shite here get that haven't played in over a season!
Yep. Seen a fair bit of him last season & was impressive enough. Even when they played him wide (which he doesn't prefer) He drifted inside a lot & looked creative. Scored a few goals, was involved in almost 30 Prem games, looked decent. In our situation he's at the upper end of what we can expect to bring in I reckon. This window was never going to be a thriller.

**** off

Doubt it happens but we do love massive wages

Yes guys this one’s actually a winger!

As long as we still get an attacking midfielder and a striker in, I’m glad to get another winger in and then we can loan McAteer out.

Zaha would be a decent option for us though.

I'm still saying Mavididi goes up front this season. No sign of a striker signing.

Seems like this one could happen ...

Zaha should be a good signing. Why are they wanting to loan him out? If it's due to money then fair ****s. If it's because he's not been great in the retirement league then I have concerns....

I know this is the Leicester Mercury, but the quotes from Steve Cooper seem to endorse the sentiment. It may be true but surely, coming out and saying it adds a few million to any potential deals!

I know this is the Leicester Mercury, but the quotes from Steve Cooper seem to endorse the sentiment. It may be true but surely, coming out and saying it adds a few million to any potential deals!

Reads like a man who already regrets taking the job.

Reads like a man who already regrets taking the job.
Successive managers have said or hinted similar things about frustrations regarding transfers. I don’t necessarily agree with the way they go about things on this topic, but the message behind it is fairly consistent. I understand that managers will always push for more signings, but the frustration element of things often sounds like they were expecting different, as if in some way they were told things that aren’t happening.

Pure speculation on my part, obviously, but this isn’t the first time that things like this are being said/implied.

Remember during our title winning season when you'd post screen shots of the league table and how unbelievabley well we were doing and say "It cant get any better than this"!?. Here's mine for 24/25.....1000018570.jpg It can't get any better than this!?

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45