The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Chilwell isn't a bad player, he's just not an instinctive one. He often appeared tethered by instructions. (Villa LC game at home was particularly frustrating).

Any thoughts on him BN?

Tidy player. He's a more modern style defensive midfielder than Ndidi. His passing is excellent.

One of my (many) concerns about this season is our dependence on Ndidi in front of the defence. Skipp is much more mobile and switched on than the version of Ndidi we've seen over the last few years.

It depends how much he'll cost us too. About £10m is a good deal. I wouldn't be keen if it's £15m+.

David Ornstein:

Leicester City have agreed a deal to sign Oliver Skipp from Tottenham Hotspur on a permanent transfer.

The 23-year-old midfielder is set to undergo a medical today (Sunday) ahead of the proposed move.

The deal is viewed as a good deal all round by the parties involved.

Skipp made 24 appearances in all competitions for Spurs last season but was predominantly used as a substitute by Ange Postecoglou.

It’s a position we need and he has Premier League experience, so I’m Skipping with joy

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45