The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

You can see him how you like. I'll wait until I see him play until I judge him as a Leicester player. None of what I have said about him is from the street, just based on facts and numbers. If he surprises me and becomes a decent squad option then great, I'll be happy. If he doesn't, which is probably more likely, then I won't. Simple really intit.

We are going to need a goalscorer though if we want to compete. History and statistics show us that Ayew isn't one. If Cooper is buying him to play the supportive role then okay, as long as we buy another striker to put the ball in the net.
We have possibly the greatest goalscorer in premier league history in our side.

Why? I've seen him at. He's been pretty shit at every club he's been to. If you want balance, you could ask Villa fans what they think of him. Or Swansea fans. Or look at his stats of 22 goals in 175 appearances for Palace. Or his 9 in 51 for Villa. Or his 8 in 50 for Swansea....

In the meantime, we need a goalscorer..... It sure as shit ain't this guy.
Have you actually considered that he's not being bought for his goal scoring l prowess? It'd be like me writing off Skipp because he doesn't create enough chances.

I'm going to choose to see him as Cooper's version of Okazaki who never contributed a lot of goals but was vital to how the team fitted together.

You can choose to carry on being Norman Negative.
I tend to agree with you here. If he can play the Okazaki role and we have Jamie firing still it might be a savvy move.

I tend to agree with you here. If he can play the Okazaki role and we have Jamie firing still it might be a savvy move.

But we don’t play a system that has anything like an ‘Okazaki role’…….

I think he's a decent signing but I think questions should be asked about the fee, given his age, our supposed lack of pot to piss in and the fact he has less than a year left on his contract.

Palace will be disappointed to lose him but they would also be mental to turn down that amount of money for him!

Looks imminent, with hopes for two more attackers.

Good experience, horrible player which is good for where we are, and 8m might be a lot in our perception but if it’s 5 and 3 if we stay up, that 3 is going to be worth every penny.

I am concerned that we are loading up with not-quite-strikers though. Isn’t his the same sort of role as Decordova-Reid?

Imagine a front three of Ayew, Vardy and De-Cordova Reid away from home. As a defence you know you are going to have a scrap all game.

I'm fine with Ayew. We're going to have to play like a bunch of ****s to survive this season.

Therefore we need to sign ****s.

Ayew is a ****.

BDR is a bit of a ****.

Vardy is the biggest **** in the history of the PL.

If that's "the philosophy" I'm on board with it.

A plan is coming together.

Leicester ****s FC

Bring it on.

I'm fine with Ayew. We're going to have to play like a bunch of ****s to survive this season.

Therefore we need to sign ****s.

Ayew is a ****.

BDR is a bit of a ****.

Vardy is the biggest **** in the history of the PL.

If that's "the philosophy" I'm on board with it.

A plan is coming together.

Leicester ****s FC

Bring it on.
This, ya ****.

If we’re going to be in a relegation scrap I’m happy to have scrappy players.

Add in our scrappy manager and we’re all set.

Have you actually considered that he's not being bought for his goal scoring l prowess? It'd be like me writing off Skipp because he doesn't create enough chances.
Yes. Which is what I said in my post. If we buy another goalscorer then great. If we are buying Ayew for that, then it's ****ing daft.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34