The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Three years

Wibble
I’m sure he’d have had other 3 year offers on the table, so not sure we had much choice if we didn’t want to lose him on a free.

The last one played him in a position from which he scored more goals and achieved more assists, than in any other previous season for us.
It was also his only season in the Championship.

It was also his only season in the Championship.
Correct. So perhaps, given the successes he had there, letting him continue in a position where he's had joy and delivered goals and assists is a good idea. Presuming he can't or wouldn't be able to replicate it would be foolhardy.

Correct. So perhaps, given the successes he had there, letting him continue in a position where he's had joy and delivered goals and assists is a good idea. Presuming he can't or wouldn't be able to replicate it would be foolhardy.
It wouldn't though, he's nowhere near good enough for the role in the PL.

We won't play like that anyway

It wouldn't though, he's nowhere near good enough for the role in the PL.

We won't play like that anyway
How do you know how we will play?
From what I have read he will want to play an attacking style rather than a defensive style.
I am sure he will ask the players about the styles they are comfortable with and try and put together a suitable approach.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Newcastle712
7Tottenham 711
8Fulham711
9Brighton710
10Nottm F710
11Brentford710