The manager search - what a way to run a football club!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, I've just spent an hour catching up on one thread, I start to read this one and it's all the f**king same!!!!

Madness, madness they call it madness.

I have to hand it to you, you very good at walking round with your eyes closed. I'm not sure though how you regard my passing on of my understanding of the progress of the manager search as "shit stirring". Perhaps I should respond that you can't stir shit unless there is shit there to be stirred.

You may want to ignore what is going on for as long as possible but there are other people who are concerned where all this may lead and who like to stay informed.

I am over the relegation already and looking forward to a new season that will be different so yes I am not considering this situation a time of crisis its certianly not a patch on worser times we had like when we were in admin, there will still be football next season. Here people are still looking to blame someone for our relegation and haven't got over it yet. I got no problem of been informed of facts but I have a problem when speculation gets treated as fact.

IHere people are still looking to blame someone for our relegation and haven't got over it yet
I've got over it, and I share your opinion about looking forward to a new season.

However, I will always blame Jethro the carrot crunching, joke telling scarecrow shagging idiot for our relegation. I will never forgive the twat for that inept perfomance from the bench against Stoke.

I'm afraid that Boc's hints at the position seem all to likely to be about right.

We shall see over the next day or so.

I understand that you are totally devoted to Milan - and I too have thought that he remains the best way forward - but there would seem to be (and not surprisingly) a real problem in getting people to work for him.

I acknowledged he has his problems, but he is the clubs best hope at the moment, all that would happen if he left as some people want is we would plummet into financial dispair and would quite possibly still be unable to attract managers due to a much weaker playing squad and lack of budget. I get upset because I have the impression are more interested in themselves, getting seats back in board meetings and certian perks back at the club. But make no mistake I am not totally devoted to him, if someone better came along I would be one of the first to call for MM to stand aside.

I am over the relegation already and looking forward to a new season that will be different so yes I am not considering this situation a time of crisis its certianly not a patch on worser times we had like when we were in admin, there will still be football next season. Here people are still looking to blame someone for our relegation and haven't got over it yet. I got no problem of been informed of facts but I have a problem when speculation gets treated as fact.

Bocadillo has some views that I don't agree with....but I have found that his speculation on possible scenarios often turns out to have some degree of substance.

You strike me as someone who would find a silver lining and an absence of blame even if we were relegated to the Conference North.

Good luck to you in that total unreasoned loyalty - but you can't expect too many people to take the same view on issues.

The Mercury makes it clear that this is speculating that he is choosing between three. The truth is that Milan made his decision before the weekend on the manager that he wanted but has so far been unable to secure that appointment. Thus there are now new names on his 'list' at the start of this week that weren't there at the start of last week.

When we start moaning about the manager we get, it would do us well to remember that whoever it is will not be Milan's first choice either.
:icon_wink

I wouldnt object to worthington he has a very respectable record in my opinion.

redditch I am loyal to the club and of course to whoever is running it at the time its as simple as that. Loyal until there is better options that is.

As far as the manager appointment goes it is starting to be worrying that (a) he hasnt appointed grayson if romours are believed he wants the job and (b) he cant appoint who he wants.

There is no absence of blame I blame the manager at the time which was holloway, he made dozens of shocking decisions that lost us valuable points.

Last edited:

Are you suggesting that I have been speculating?

Last edited:
Rumoured to have made a dodgy transfer deal with Rushden over the signing of one of his players. He was on the take apparently hence a no compo agreement between board and manager.

Sounds like a match made in heaven. Lump on for next City Boss :icon_lol:

Sounds like a match made in heaven. Lump on for next City Boss :icon_lol:

The rumour mill is that he got 2k off of a transfer according to the Cambridge supporter I work with. He also granted transfers to nine of the eleven players who played in the playoff final at Wembley in May to rival clubs in their division for small sums of money. Bit of a strange one imo.

Rumours elsewhere that talks with JG have started again. Heard anything along those lines Bocc?

Been out for most of the day so haven't heard much at all. I understand that discussions with Gregory have been on-going so can;t really be said to have started again.

Cheers bocc any mention of walsh?

I was told earlier that RL sportsdesk believe that Walsh is coming in as assistant (presumably to appease the outrage caused by appointing Gregory)

What a feckin' godawful match made in hell :icon_roll

I was told earlier that RL sportsdesk believe that Walsh is coming in as assistant (presumably to appease the outrage caused by appointing Gregory)

What a feckin' godawful match made in hell :icon_roll

with the number of managerial changes we have and the number of 'sweetners' required to make the god awful appointments paletable it won't be long before arnar gunnlaugsson is on the backroom team.

with the number of managerial changes we have and the number of 'sweetners' required to make the god awful appointments paletable it won't be long before arnar gunnlaugsson is on the backroom team.

At least the players will have some motivation for next season if it turns out to be Gregory and Walsh.

First day of training

Gregory: 'Right you lot I expect 100% and if I dont get it I'm sending Steve round to talk to your mrs'

Walsh: 'Gigitty gigitty'

Last edited:
At least the players will have some motivation for next season if it turns out to be Gregory and Walsh.

First day of training

Gregory: 'Right you lot I expect 100% and if I dont get it I'm sending Steve round to talk to your mrs'

Walsh: 'Gigitty gigitty'

:081::081::081:

I imagine the problems earlier in the week were like this:-

MM - So, John, do you want the job?

JG - Just one thing left to cover, transfers... I have full say on targets and outgoings, right?

MM - Yes, yes... All your own work.

JG - Good. Can we talk targets?

MM - Yes. You have already started talking to Darren Moore.

JG - I have?

MM - Yes. And you have agreed to sell MacAuley for £1.5m to Ipswich.

JG - What the...

MM - And congrats on deciding that we can cash in on Stearman and Mattock... John... JOHN... Oh well. Lee? Get me the names of all the available managers and interested parties.

Lee Hoos enters with ream of A4 paper.

MM - Let's have a look then, Simon Grayson? Never heard of him. Strike him from the list. Mike Newell? Managed Luton, the old board liked a bung... hmmm... steer well clear, too close for comfort. Barry Fry? Perfect!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670