The new, soon to be old and closed, Real Ale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilkinson also do all of the required kit at good prices.

Yes, the kit I got has some decent extra instructions but you can get all the bits at Wilkinson and probably not pay more.

You can have The Death Stare as well.

There you go again. It's true what they say; every woman really is the same.

4.5 days into the brew and it appears to have finished fermenting, just have to syphon it over into the pressure barrel tomorrow and then wait 4-8 weeks before drinking.

A very nice couple of pints of Doom Bar in The Black Horse at Great Linford today. A great little pub if you find yourself in this neck of the woods.

The nearly always have Doom Bar on as well as a couple of guest beers that rotate on a regular basis. The do Korev Cornish lager for those with a chemical dependency and a decent cider, the name of which escapes me for now.

They do a good range of well priced food.

They even provided a bowl of water and some dog biscuits for Jack my Westie who was made very welcome in the bar.

Best of all it's only 25 minutes walk for me so I can have a skinfull and not have to worry about driving.

Had a few pints of Dartmoor Brewery Jail Ale in The Cricketers in Bournemouth this Saturday. I like Doombar, but I have to say my preference is for Jail Ale.

Had a few pints of Dartmoor Brewery Jail Ale in The Cricketers in Bournemouth this Saturday. I like Doombar, but I have to say my preference is for Jail Ale.

I haven't come across that one so I'll have to keep my eye out.

I haven't come across that one so I'll have to keep my eye out.
It's good, but I don't think it is available much outside the South West area. I'm in Okehampton for a few days later this month and will be having more than a few.

Last edited:
A very nice couple of pints of Doom Bar in The Black Horse at Great Linford today. A great little pub if you find yourself in this neck of the woods
I find it a bit sweet after 3! Nice pub,often canal cycle destination, pleased it's got its old name back and they dropped 'the proud perch'!

Doom Bar is lovely. However my current favourite is Otter, which has recently found its way into one of the pubs I frequent after work on Friday evenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566