The new "Things that piss you off" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ing pissed-up Wellingborough golfers who put you in hospital and **** off without stopping.

I have previously criticised Cyclists on the Road.

At the mo, I am walking to work. I enjoy it, headphones on and a bit of exercise.

There is one thing which annoys me beyond belief, bikes on the bastard pavement. It's more ****ing dangerous than on the road, if you drive sensibly on the road Cyclist you are fine but by just being on the pavement, you are being a ****. Countless times the twats just zoom past, I have to move for twats because they want to about five times quicker than I am walking. This isn't so bad down Woodgate and Frog Island, it's empty but all the way through town and on New Walk (where they have banned for x number of years), it's a ****ing joke. Even better today was seeing two community support officers on their rounds on a bike on the ****ing pedestrian walkway.
Cyclists are almost invariably inconsiderate ****s.

But it's tough for them, having to wear all that lycra kit and being in such a hurry to get everywhere but making the sacrifice of rushing without using fossil fuels, ignorant pedestrians getting in their way all the time.

But it's tough for them, having to wear all that lycra kit and being in such a hurry to get everywhere but making the sacrifice of rushing without using fossil fuels, ignorant pedestrians getting in their way all the time.
Ture. They're all saving the planet you know.

Nice to meet you by the way, albeit briefly.

It's a great way to keep in shape.

I'm a considerate **** when cycling. But its baffling why some people over the age of 8 like to cycle on pavements - it's slower and much more dangerous as well as winding other people up needlessly. Shouting abuse from the road at cylists who are on the pavement seems to work. I once shouted, "Did mummy tell you to stay off the dangerous roads?" to a yoof once - brought him onto the road as he tried to chase me down to discuss the matter further.

ignorant pedestrians getting in their way all the time.

Tbf, the blame should be laid at the relevant sections of the local authority. Leicester claims to be a cycling city and we keep gettings loads of PR e-mails about how to go 'green'. I look the recent alteration to Woodgate/Sanvey Gate juncition and there's been no provision of a cycle lane or similar. Along St Margaret's Way...there's a lane which is marked which is fair enough, I stay away from that section of pavement....problem is that the section of lane leads to **** all for the cyclist. Now in Cambridge....

There seems little point in putting in cycle lanes as most seem to be ignored by cyclist in favour of the pavements, the worst abuse is New Walk, this is a historic traffic free promenade, has signs all along it and you still routinely get ridden at when walking on it, when challenged cyclists complain the roads are too scary for them, in that case don't ride a bike.

I have previously criticised Cyclists on the Road.

At the mo, I am walking to work. I enjoy it, headphones on and a bit of exercise.

There is one thing which annoys me beyond belief, bikes on the bastard pavement. It's more ****ing dangerous than on the road, if you drive sensibly on the road Cyclist you are fine but by just being on the pavement, you are being a ****. Countless times the twats just zoom past, I have to move for twats because they want to about five times quicker than I am walking. This isn't so bad down Woodgate and Frog Island, it's empty but all the way through town and on New Walk (where they have banned for x number of years), it's a ****ing joke. Even better today was seeing two community support officers on their rounds on a bike on the ****ing pedestrian walkway.

Don't get me started on those selfish tossers.

We have a generation now that can't ride a bike on the road. Unfortunatly the powers that be allow it. When I'm walking along a pavement I do not move out of the way for people on bikes and woe betide any of them who dare invade my pesonal space!

Tbf, the blame should be laid at the relevant sections of the local authority. Leicester claims to be a cycling city and we keep gettings loads of PR e-mails about how to go 'green'. I look the recent alteration to Woodgate/Sanvey Gate juncition and there's been no provision of a cycle lane or similar. Along St Margaret's Way...there's a lane which is marked which is fair enough, I stay away from that section of pavement....problem is that the section of lane leads to **** all for the cyclist. Now in Cambridge....

Don't get me started on that juntion. The lanes worked fine before hand, now that pratt had the fantastic idea to have both lanes going forward (instead of one being soley for people turning left) towards the city and then immediately merge you see long queues and road rage every day.

You can do a lot of damage to somebody with a golf club
CriagBellamy_468x726.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673