The random football videos thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barton is clearly insane. I was there and he was off balance more than usual (mentally and physically...). He's a fairly good footballer though - not great, but Newcastle need him.

An interesting point is that Arsenal should perhaps have had a penalty for this situation. Not for the Gervinho "cheat" but because the ref let play continue and didn't give Newcastle a freekick for the cheating. What happened next was while play continued Barton attacked Gervinho inside the penalty area. I guess the situation got so heated and confusing that the ref just dropped the ball where it was when play was stopped not thinking about why the play was stopped.

Running after a referee like that should be a booking at the very least IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Running after a referee like that should be a booking at the very least IMO.

Hilarious!! Wonder what the final score was. Must say that the ref was quite agile

Who's the worst cheat here, Gervinho or Barton (who ironically attacks Gervinho for cheating)?

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/gervinho-red-card-newcastle-the-barton-clash-14967562/

Gervinho got caught, yes he made the most of it, but he did get touched by a trailing leg. However, Barton is a cock of the highest order and a thug too, how he didn't get sent off is beyond me, I seem to remember a similar reaction last season against Arsenal which went unpunished! There is no place in the game for that kind of thing. Also, he called Dabo a pussy after he kicked 7 shades out of him, yet goes down like hes been shot when he gets stroked on the face. The man makes my blood boil.

Last edited:
Gervinho got caught, yes he made the most of it, but he did get touched by a trailing leg. However, Barton is a cock of the highest order and a thug too, how he didn't get sent off is beyond me, I seem to remember a similar reaction last season against Arsenal which went unpunished! There is no place in the game for that kind of thing. Also, he called Dabo a pussy after he kicked 7 shades out of him, yet goes down like hes been shot when he gets stroked on the face. The man makes my blood boil.

According to Phillipe Senderos there may be other things that Joey Barton does to wind up opposition players:

:icon_bigg

:icon_lol:

I take it that's not the same one who scored against us when Pressman was in goal?

That was Andy Lonergan who is now at Leeds. Yesterday it was Iain Turner, who is not the Ian Turner who kept goal for Southampton when they won the FA Cup in the 70s.

...the yellow card seemed a bit harsh.

The guidelines for referees says that feinting is within the rules but that stopping the run and starting it again is an act of ungentlemanly conduct and the player must be cautioned. The ref had no option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669