The Revision thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen this thread.

Got to hand in my last ever essay tomorrow morning. Can't wait until it's done. Then just two exams (19th and 20th May) and I'm then a free man.

Good luck City Fan. I've got an all nighter ahead of me too! :)

1,000 to go for me...

Done all regression analysis, just gotta write it all up in 2000 words and then I'm laughing.

I'm trying to find out whether the oligopolistic grocery market, in the UK, is price competitive?

Done the literature review, now need to do some form of data and regression analysis. The idea is to look at 20 random products on mysupermarket.com and then find the price for each of the 4 supermarkets of the basket of goods. Then form a regression using that, as well as profit, number of outlets, advertising costs etc of the four big supermarkets to discover whether the cost of goods determines profitability.

I suspect not and of course they are not price competitive as they all follow each other. :icon_roll Cross reference mobile phone companies. :mad:

I suspect not and of course they are not price competitive as they all follow each other. :icon_roll Cross reference mobile phone companies. :mad:

I was looking for a model where firms follow each other on prices but couldn't find one, found one where firms follow each other on output.

My Lit Review and data analysis aren't really linked but I suppose if I'm critical of my work, saying what I would do better next time, that would still be ok.

17 hours remaining:

4,600 words completed - 1,400 remaining.

The dissertation is complete and utter shit but at least it will be handed in on time which is remarkable really. I've been stuck at home for days now and I don't even know what day we are on!

Edit: And I might actually be able to get some sleep tonight suprisingly!

Last edited:
National test tomorrow. I am currently considering my options - jump from the bridge or put my head in the meat mincer.

5,500 words completed and now going to bed, will only take two hours in the morning to complete. Phew.

I finished mine at 6am this morning!! Off to uni to hand it in now :) Just two exams to go now...

I've got 11 hours of exams next week:icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

3 hours of which are on my Birthday, and because I've got exams the next day I can't even go out on the piss.

The following week I've got 7 hours of exams. I hate May.

3 hours of which are on my Birthday, and because I've got exams the next day I can't even go out on the piss.

I also hate Facebook for its distractive qualities.

Typical. I was so busy with my projects and revision that I missed this thread. My last undergraduate exam was yesterday. I can't believe that four years has passed so quickly. And as for time flying, why does three hours feel like thirty minutes under exam conditions?

Typical. I was so busy with my projects and revision that I missed this thread. My last undergraduate exam was yesterday. I can't believe that four years has passed so quickly. And as for time flying, why does three hours feel like thirty minutes under exam conditions?

Hope it all went well. Have you got a job / further study lined up?

Know the feeling mate. I'm 21 tomorrow and can't really go out tonight or tomorrow as i have my first exam on monday! All proper celebrations on hold until May 23rd!!!!

Last edited:
Know the feeling mate. I'm 21 tomorrow and can't really go out tonight or tomorrow as i have my first exam on monday! All proper celebrations on hold until May 23rd!!!!

I have a total lack of self control - got invited out into selly oak for a drink (was just planning on having one), so abandoned revision. Ended up at Snobs, not getting back home until about 4.

Are you by any chance the guy in Selly Oak who has a Leicester Shirt hanging in the window?

If you want to be a Barrister (and I hope you still do) then I fear this was the easy bit compared to getting a pupillage and passing the Bar Exams. :icon_wink

I have a total lack of self control - got invited out into selly oak for a drink (was just planning on having one), so abandoned revision. Ended up at Snobs, not getting back home until about 4.

Are you by any chance the guy in Selly Oak who has a Leicester Shirt hanging in the window?
No i'm not, but i have seen it :icon_bigg

Hope it all went well. Have you got a job / further study lined up?
Thanks - it went ok. I am now remembering stuff I should have included though. :icon_sad:

I am starting the BVC in September; it's the vocational training to become a barrister. Now that is going to be tough!!

If you want to be a Barrister (and I hope you still do) then I fear this was the easy bit compared to getting a pupillage and passing the Bar Exams. :icon_wink
So do I. We had an open day at NLS, and they said that they would be surprised if any of us will have pupillage sorted by the time the course starts. However, NLS has one of the most successful institutions when it comes to pupillage, so if not this year, it'll happen next. Think positive and all that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46