The RIP Thread

That was 4 years ago you daft old bugger.

Bugger! Another of these articles that suddenly appears on the 'top 10 most popular articles' list on the bbc website. Like Matt I thought for a second that he was already dead but trusted what the bbc put in front of me.

Sorry

Ian King who played for City 1957 -1966 and never played for City outside the top flight has died. He was a member of the team that nearly won the double in 1962-63
http://mobile.lcfc.com//news/article/2016-17/ian-king-1937-2016-3235306.aspx#

One-third of the Appleton/King/McLintock back-line that my dad used to talk so much about. McLintock had gone before I started following City and the other two soon afterwards.
Met him many times in the 90s when he watched games as a City Legend in the Kop End of the Carling Stand. He was still scary then.

****ing hell.

Alone & unarmed...& yet tasered.Something not quite right here.

Is there something about Dalian Atkinson's general appearance that might inspire a copper to discharge a taser unnecessarily?

Answers on a postcard.

& exactly what the **** is the Mirror playing at by bringing up the Marcus Bent incident? An entirely different set of circumstances.

Is there something about Dalian Atkinson's general appearance that might inspire a copper to discharge a taser unnecessarily?
"Yesterday (Mon) Ernest, 85, told how his son flew into booze-fuelled rage shortly before he was tasered by police.

Speaking yesterday from his home, he said: "He was in a real state.

"I don't know if he was drunk or on drugs but he was very agitated and his mind was upset.

"The last thing he said to me was 'don't move' when the police came to the door.

"He was threatening and very upset. I didn't call the police but someone else did.

"He got tasered in the street outside in the road. I didn't see him but I saw a flash. I haven't had any sleep and cannot take it in."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/da...police-tazer-death-says-father-115433483.html

tased three times? Sounds a bit excessive....

I don't know how anyone who wasn't there can judge how excessive it was.

I don't know how anyone who wasn't there can judge how excessive it was.
Used more than once and accompanied by a thorough kick in, according to witness statements. Sounds ****ing excessive to me, not to mention there's a dead man at the end of it. A dead unarmed man. I'm happy to call that excessive as ****.

Used more than once and accompanied by a thorough kick in, according to witness statements. Sounds ****ing excessive to me, not to mention there's a dead man at the end of it. A dead unarmed man. I'm happy to call that excessive as ****.

You don't know the full story. No one does. What you're saying may well be the case, but I'm saving those thoughts until the full story unfolds.

You don't know the full story. No one does. What you're saying may well be the case, but I'm saving those thoughts until the full story unfolds.
No one ever knows the full story, a jury reaches its collective opinion based on the views of others. The jury of Mawsley has read the testimony of those present at the event who weren't serving officers and formed an opinion. There is no occasion where such behaviour is not only excessive but illegally so.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663