The RIP Thread

Lako42

You've had more than enough already you lazy shyster. Covid's been an extended holiday and it's about time people stopped with the doom mongering and pulled finger.

I'm sorry but I should clearly get an extra day off.

According to the media I should barely be able to function at the minute.

Thank **** for football and the Masters this Weekend.

mabrah

Ah yes, we are living in the era of the snowflake (and I honestly never thought I'd use that word, except with heavy irony) But I'm not actually being that flippant. You've got to be so ****ing careful not to spell someone's name incorrectly, for fear of being culturally insensitive, and, in all honesty, there are times when it pisses me off just a wee bit.

RIP Phil... your sometimes woefully anachronistic sense of humour spoke volumes of your own background and upbringing.

Last edited:

pork pie fox

Ah yes, we are living in the era of the snowflake (and I honestly never thought I'd use that word, except with heavy irony) But I'm not actually being that flippant. You've got to be so ****ing careful not to spell sometimes name incorrectly, for fear of being culturally insensitive, and, in all honesty, there are times when it pisses me off just a wee bit.

RIP Phil... with you're sometimes woefully anachronistic sense of humour that spoke volumes of your own background and upbringing.
It’s “your”.

FOX Franks

Ah yes, we are living in the era of the snowflake (and I honestly never thought I'd use that word, except with heavy irony) But I'm not actually being that flippant. You've got to be so ****ing careful not to spell someone's name incorrectly, for fear of being culturally insensitive, and, in all honesty, there are times when it pisses me off just a wee bit.
Whenever you start feeling like this (we all do it) go back out into the modern world and off social media / news, and remind yourself that in real life, absolutely nobody does this wank.

People with weirdly spelt names know they spelt weirdly and are used to having to correct people.
People do not correct others about their pronouns anywhere but Twatter.

The day they do is the day that it's time to leave.

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Manchester City3480
2Manchester Utd3367
3Leicester3563
4Chelsea3461
5West Ham Utd3458
6Tottenham 3456
7Liverpool3354
8Everton3352
9Arsenal3449
10Aston Villa3348