The RIP Thread

Same age as my Dad was. Same cause. I'm 57 at Xmas & sick as ****.

City need to win the Europa this year or the CL next year by the look of it so I can have the full set before I go.

I understand that feeling. My Dad died of cancer at 49 and I turn 50 next week.

For some reason I can't quite get my head around me still being here and outliving him. I'd kind of assumed that I wouldn't.

Sorry to hear that you're not in good health.

Same age as my Dad was. Same cause. I'm 57 at Xmas & sick as ****.

City need to win the Europa this year or the CL next year by the look of it so I can have the full set before I go.
Yeah as BN said, sorry to hear that and hope your health improves.

RIP Don Everly.

The BBC news site seems to think that the main thing about The Everly Brothers was that they influenced The Beatles which is strange, At their peak they were the most successful singing group in the world IMO Nothing then Beatles did compared with Let It Be Me or Cathy's Clown.
I realise that younger members off the forum will know nothing about either. There are a myriad of good Everly Brothers albums available. If you want to try The Beatles the best way to start is an album called "Keely Smith Singe Lennon and McCartney."

RIP Don Everly.

The BBC news site seems to think that the main thing about The Everly Brothers was that they influenced The Beatles which is strange, At their peak they were the most successful singing group in the world IMO Nothing then Beatles did compared with Let It Be Me or Cathy's Clown.
I realise that younger members off the forum will know nothing about either. There are a myriad of good Everly Brothers albums available. If you want to try The Beatles the best way to start is an album called "Keely Smith Singe Lennon and McCartney."

To be fair, the BBC does also point out the influence the Everlys had on Simon and Garfunkel, whose earliest incarnation was as "Tom and Jerry" essentially a clone of Don and Phil - who were themselves copying the close harmony style of blue grass/gospel singers notably the Louvin Brothers. I expect all the begatting will be sorted out at the Pearly Gates in due course.

I understand that feeling. My Dad died of cancer at 49 and I turn 50 next week.

For some reason I can't quite get my head around me still being here and outliving him. I'd kind of assumed that I wouldn't.

Sorry to hear that you're not in good health.
Yeah as BN said, sorry to hear that and hope your health improves.
Cheers guys.

Degenerative liver condition though so not likely to improve. Apparently the liver repairs itself, but at a slower rate than the disease makes it worse. Basically it slows down the inevitable eventual collapse.

I'm essentially facing relegation & Allardyce isn't available.

RIP Sir Clive Sinclair. I had one of his early calculators as well as a Sinclair Spectrum as my first computer. Probably the least said about the C5 the better.

RIP Sir Clive Sinclair. I had one of his early calculators as well as a Sinclair Spectrum as my first computer. Probably the least said about the C5 the better.

Thats the problem though really. I mentioned it to 3 people seperately today & they all said "what, the twat who made that stupid ****ing car?" Even the article you linked to uses a picture of him sat in it.

Bizarre. After everything he achieved he still gets associated with his biggest failure.

...After everything he achieved he still gets associated with his biggest failure...

I once read an interview with him where he said that he looked upon the C5 as an experiment, what he really was trying to do was advance battery technology so electric cars became viable. He was, as the saying goes, ahead of his time.

I once read an interview with him where he said that he looked upon the C5 as an experiment, what he really was trying to do was advance battery technology so electric cars became viable. He was, as the saying goes, ahead of his time.
Pretty much. Unfortunately he was so far ahead of it that it'll take at least another generation before history acknowledges it. In 50 years when all cars are electric Maybe he'll get a statue or something.

Probably not though as Musk's massive ego will probably lead to him paying everyone off to make sure he goes down as the one & only saviour of the world. Touch of the messianic supervillain about that bloke.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363