The RIP Thread

RIP Janice Long.
Died after a short illness, just 66
Really Sad.

Met her once in the 80s when a girl I knew did a session for her show. Only briefly but she was very pleasant & friendly. One of those people who gave the impression of loving what they did & not quite being able to believe they were getting paid for it. No age at all.

The only L.P. That me and my future wife both had when we met was Bad Out Of Hell. Meatloaf, thanks for being Meatloaf. RIP.
They, seemingly, don't make them like that anymore.

I remember when 74 seemed very old.

We've lost two big City fans this week. The Bentley's Roof lot are mourning Bobby "Bruin" Moore who organised travel for fans in the Nuneaton area for many years and Foxestalk have this evening lost Liam McNulty. Both were posting on social media only a few hours before their hearts gave in. One, maybe both, had tickets for Sunday.

RIP to both of them. By all accounts, they were great City fans who at least got to see us through our best ever years. But **** me, life can be a lot shorter than you expect it to be.

We've lost two big City fans this week. The Bentley's Roof lot are mourning Bobby "Bruin" Moore who organised travel for fans in the Nuneaton area for many years and Foxestalk have this evening lost Liam McNulty. Both were posting on social media only a few hours before their hearts gave in. One, maybe both, had tickets for Sunday.

RIP to both of them. By all accounts, they were great City fans who at least got to see us through our best ever years. But **** me, life can be a lot shorter than you expect it to be.

RIP to both.

I only ever met Mr Moore. Bobby was class. Was absolutely gutted to hear the news. Mrs Fitz has met him only a few times and knew exactly who I meant when I said he'd passed....I think if you've met him once you couldn't forget him. Genuinely lovely bloke and seemingly every ****ers best mate. Away at Leyton Orient with him and his mates remains a favourite game for me and even my mate who isn't a Leicester fan.

Very sad news about Liam. I didn't know him personally, but followed him on Twitter. He was obviously a fanatical Leicester fan and seemed to be an all round nice guy. Such a shame, especially as it seems to have come around much more quickly than expected.

From elsewhere on the net:

‘’Bobby’s brother Phil is trying to get a song going in the 70th minute for Bobby, “Two Bobby Moore’s there’s only two Bobby Moore’s”. Can you please spread the word and join in if you hear it? Thanks.‘’

Very sad news about Joey Beauchamp who has died aged 50. He was my favourite non-City player in the early 90s and every summer I used to hope we would sign him. He was a wonderfully skilful player.

I've read that he had a tough time in retirement with his mental health. Such a shame.

Very sad news about Joey Beauchamp who has died aged 50. He was my favourite non-City player in the early 90s and every summer I used to hope we would sign him. He was a wonderfully skilful player.

I've read that he had a tough time in retirement with his mental health. Such a shame.

It’s very sad news. I used to enjoy watching him play, but it’s awful what some people go through.

Good player, him. I remember the very odd situation of him signing for West Ham then leaving almost immediately.

Gary Brooker has skipped his last fandango.
RIP

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463