The stability argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all, from a new member.
There seems to have been a desease eating away at the club since the loss against Wycombe in the FA cup 1/4 final a few years ago now. Every year since as been the same. Dire football, players with little or no invention, and managers all out of the Howard Wilkinson school of coaching. With the exception of the promotion year under Mikey Adams, when the football still wasnt that good, but a mass improvement on today.
Ollie was the wrong choice, but do we give him time? Might as well cos we're going down whatever. We need a good young manager to come in, with fresh ideas, wants to play creative football and entertain. We certainly deserve it! Paul Ince is my suggestion, bring back all our kids who are doing well out on loan, give him money not free transfers and get rid of 80% of the present squad!!

That will certainly be what happens if we go down. No other way.

Greetings all, from a new member.
There seems to have been a desease eating away at the club since the loss against Wycombe in the FA cup 1/4 final a few years ago now. Every year since as been the same. Dire football, players with little or no invention, and managers all out of the Howard Wilkinson school of coaching. With the exception of the promotion year under Mikey Adams, when the football still wasnt that good, but a mass improvement on today.
Ollie was the wrong choice, but do we give him time? Might as well cos we're going down whatever. We need a good young manager to come in, with fresh ideas, wants to play creative football and entertain. We certainly deserve it! Paul Ince is my suggestion, bring back all our kids who are doing well out on loan, give him money not free transfers and get rid of 80% of the present squad!!

Leave Dodds where he is, seen him a few times this season, and hes best left where he is.:icon_conf

Yeah but you could argue Holloway is already half way there in that he so far he is crafting a team of dreadfully failing deadbeats

Indeed. Both had been with their teams for a fair while before they began to climb the table.

Welcome Cornish, I disagree with everything I’ve quoted above though! Particularly the last bit, which is going to be quite hard seeing at the transfer window is shut!

Given time I hope that IH will turn us into a side like (but better) the one we were watching on Saturday (That’s Plymouth not us) and believe he will. None of your suggestions are going to help the current plight of the club. We need to survive this season and sort it out in the summer. Bring in a new manager at this point would be suicidal.

On what grounds do you believe he'll make us better than Plymouth?

I never understand this sort of blind optimism! Maybe we have nothing else to go on, but I'd have said his career record (never been promoted from this league, nor even close) and first 17 games / signings are strong evidence to the contrary.

And to say it'd be suicidal to change manager when we're as lifeless and inept as we are now - the worst this club has ever been - is like saying that a terminally ill patient shouldn't try a dangerous but revolutionary new treatment. As things stand, on Holloway's form to date, we'll be spectacularly relegated.

Either he changes things drastically in every aspect of how he works, or he will have to be changed.

On what grounds do you believe he'll make us better than Plymouth?

I never understand this sort of blind optimism! Maybe we have nothing else to go on, but I'd have said his career record (never been promoted from this league, nor even close) and first 17 games / signings are strong evidence to the contrary.

I'm going on the argrument that at plymouth he had very little money to spend and in 15 months fashioned a team of players who worked hard, looked organised and have performed very well this season. Given money and time I believe he can do better here.

Or maybe it is blind optimism.

I'm going on the argrument that at plymouth he had very little money to spend and in 15 months fashioned a team of players who worked hard, looked organised and have performed very well this season. Given money and time I believe he can do better here.

Or maybe it is blind optimism.

It's much less blind than the 'someone else might do better' argument.

Saturday evening might well be the time Ollie gets pushed
especially if we lose, his mannerisms at the last two matches leave me to suspect he's had an ultimatum.

Last edited:
And to say it'd be suicidal to change manager when we're as lifeless and inept as we are now - the worst this club has ever been - is like saying that a terminally ill patient shouldn't try a dangerous but revolutionary new treatment. As things stand, on Holloway's form to date, we'll be spectacularly relegated.

Either he changes things drastically in every aspect of how he works, or he will have to be changed.

Jesus…don’t be so melodramatic. “The worst this club has ever been” – Do you remember the Pleat era? Or ever closer when Leavin almost took us down. 4 games ago we beat Crystal Palace who were on a 15 game unbeaten run.

You seemed to suggest a new manager coming in will change things for the better. I don't believe it would. Mainly because no decent manager in their right mind would come here, and secondly he’s still got the same players who haven’t performed all season to work with.

Can anyone convince me that there is someone out there, likely to come to Leicester, and for whom an argument can be made that he ought to be able to make a better fist of the team than the current incumbent?
If the answer is, as I suspect,"No", then what is the point of this debate?

It's much less blind than the 'someone else might do better' argument.

How is that a blind argument when there are a lot of people out there, whether you like them or not, who have significantly better records in this league and above? And Holloway is currently enjoying one of the worst runs of form of any manager in the club's history? And he's spent more money in that time than any manager, save Allen, since Peter Taylor? And on our form since he took over we'll go into football's third tier for the first time ever. Come on, I know City fans want to like this guy, but you have to look at the bare facts. And by that I mean the records of the alternatives, Olly's past record and his record at City.

There are lots of names who are proven successes in this league. Royle, Reid, Tigana, Sounness etc. I'm not saying we should definitely sack him, nor should we appoint one of them, but to say it's a weak argument... These guys could not do any worst than he's done so far, what you're arguing is that they WILL do worse than he WILL in the FUTURE. The evidence doesn't back this up, especially when you consider how many players he's already brought in.

As for his record at Plymouth, yes, I'd say it could suggest he might do better on a bigger stage (though his record at QPR didn't) but his start here at City - even after the time he gave himself to overhaul the squad - has been abysmal.

Can anyone convince me that there is someone out there, likely to come to Leicester, and for whom an argument can be made that he ought to be able to make a better fist of the team than the current incumbent?
If the answer is, as I suspect,"No", then what is the point of this debate?

Realistically I believe Dowie and Davies would both take the job if offered. They've both wanted it in the past for a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669