The Whole Pearson Leaving and Sousa being appointed story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzer_b

As you no I posted a post stating that my work mate spoke to The Birch a few days back and Birch told him that Pearson was being 'forced' out of Leicester.

''News just in! Just got to work and my work mate told me he went to his kids school fate at the weekend, and the Birch was there. My work mate asked him about the whole Pearson ordeal. Birch said Pearson is being forced out of Leicester, saying he couldn't go into to much detail, but said once the fans find out the truth they won't be happy.''

Well I spoke to the same work mate today, and he informed me his friend, who is also a die hard Leicester fan, went to a birthday party at the weekend, in which Gerry Taggart was present. He asked Gerry about what he knew about the whole thing, about Pearson going ect ect and he said according to Taggart, the Sousa deal was done and dusted months ago, maybe before the end of the season, and its all Hoo's doing, forcing Pearson to move on, in which he did by going Hull.

And also I recently only found out that Mandaric invited Sousa to watch Leicester play Cardiff, in last years Playoffs, as his guest. Wierd? :017:

Aswell as these 'investors' sniffing about to invest in Leicester, maybe they didnt want Pearson as manager.

Obvoiusly something happened behind the scenes, and even behind Pearsons back.

Believe this or not, thats your decision, but for some reason it all adds up to the mystery of Pearsons departure.

What adds up ? Why did Mandric want Pearson out. ? Why would he line up a new manager before the old one left ? Why would possible buyers not want Pearson ? No answers in this post .

Last edited:
As you no I posted a post stating that my work mate spoke to The Birch a few days back and Birch told him that Pearson was being 'forced' out of Leicester.

''News just in! Just got to work and my work mate told me he went to his kids school fate at the weekend, and the Birch was there. My work mate asked him about the whole Pearson ordeal. Birch said Pearson is being forced out of Leicester, saying he couldn't go into to much detail, but said once the fans find out the truth they won't be happy.''

Well I spoke to the same work mate today, and he informed me his friend, who is also a die hard Leicester fan, went to a birthday party at the weekend, in which Gerry Taggart was present. He asked Gerry about what he knew about the whole thing, about Pearson going ect ect and he said according to Taggart, the Sousa deal was done and dusted months ago, maybe before the end of the season, and its all Hoo's doing, forcing Pearson to move on, in which he did by going Hull.

And also I recently only found out that Mandaric invited Sousa to watch Leicester play Cardiff, in last years Playoffs, as his guest. Wierd? :017:

Aswell as these 'investors' sniffing about to invest in Leicester, maybe they didnt want Pearson as manager.

Believe this or not, thats your decision, but for some reason it all adds up to the mystery of Pearsons departure.

This is old news,i was told the same story after Pearson had left, but it did not make sense.

Why would Pearson be allowed to sign Tom Kennedy if they knew he was on his way?

If it was true these investors did not want Pearson,would they have not taken over first then sacked Pearson.

To much ifs and buts for my liking,i just think the relationship with Mandaric went soar after he refused to sign the new contract in January.

What adds up ? Why did Mandric want Pearson out. ? Why would he line up a new manager before the old one left ? Why would possible buyers not want Pearson ? No answers in this post .
The two stories that I have been told sort of add up. Birch saying Pearson is being pushed out, then being told Sousa deal was done yonks ago meaning Pearson didnt have a say in the matter.

About the new investors, its just what I thought. Maybe they didnt want Pearson as manager in the first place.

Last edited:

I have got to admit but this is how it looks to me as well altough there is no actually evidence. In my own eyes personally isnt doesnt look good.

The thread title has left me very disappointed. It isn't the whole story at all, it's just stuff that has already been posted several times before.

The thread title has left me very disappointed. It isn't the whole story at all, it's just stuff that has already been posted several times before.

Sorry Macky, i'll do better next time I promise :icon_wink

I was surprised to see Sousa described as a personal friend of Milan.

Exactly. And inviting him to watch us play Cardiff was abit surprising too. Thats what I mean, maybe the deal was already done before Pearson knew!

Last edited:
If the Wales Today report tonight is anything to go by, then you're on the money.
They suggested that Sousa was leaving for Leicester because of the promise of funds to spend in the transfer market.
The reporters are usually pretty reliable and seemed to have some view of what Sousa was walking into, although they didn't go into detail.
Appears this has been part of the longer term strategy. Worrying for clubs like us. Time will tell. OK, headphones back on.

Last edited:
I Suspect Pearson's contract demands were higher than Milan thought reasonable, so he (milan) began to look at alternatives, as did Pearson's agent. Sousa's presence at Cardif was possibly to scare pearson into signing.

How about Pearson was getting too demanding and was pissing a lot of people off. Had loads of chances to get his contract sorted but wouldn't. The Sousa approach was started a while back, so it's NPs own fault really. What was the club to do?

How about Pearson was getting too demanding and was pissing a lot of people off. Had loads of chances to get his contract sorted but wouldn't. The Sousa approach was started a while back, so it's NPs own fault really. What was the club to do?

I like your version BG. I feel more comfortable with that scenario.

What is clear is that Milan and Hoos were prepared to let NP go. What is not clear is why? Given that Milan is not a fool and it's his money at risk, there must be a very good reason for letting a rival club take a manager that came close to getting back-to-back promotions. It sounds reasonable to me that NP's failure to commit to a new contract was the catalyst rather than Milan just wanting to take a huge punt on a new manager.

Look, no one individual is bigger than the club, or even the team for that matter! And if Milan thought that Pearson was not the right fit for us any more then so be it. Harry Redknapp walked out on Milan once, just to go back with his tail between his legs! I would imagine at that point the Pompey fans (who won't / can't of known all the ins and outs) would have been furious with Milan. Yet Harry returned like the prodical. Which shows that Milan was probably right and just doing what was best for the club at the time!

Stop putting managers both current or Ex on a pedastall, it is us that makes the club what it is, the fans are the driving force. Holloway said when he came that the fans were a big reason, ie: as good as he'd made Plymouth they were still only getting 10-11K attendances. Then he comes to us with plymouth for a game, we're not as well placed in the league and attracting 25K average (maybe more then)

Managers WILL come and go, we don't have the history behind us to attract the next Alex Ferguson who will not only achieve on the field but build on it for the next 20 yrs rather than sodding of to a so called bigger club!

I'm now no longer sure where i'm heading with this as I've got wrapped up in my own world! So i'll finish with

Pearsons gone....So ****ing what!! ONWARDS & UPWARDS!!!
Up the Fosse...err City!!

Last edited:
If the Wales Today report tonight is anything to go by, then you're on the money.
They suggested that Sousa was leaving for Leicester because of the promise of funds to spend in the transfer market.
The reporters are usually pretty reliable and seemed to have some view of what Sousa was walking into, although they didn't go into detail.
Appears this has been part of the longer term strategy. Worrying for clubs like us. Time will tell. OK, headphones back on.

Sousa was certainly alienated at Swansea by not being allowed to get a new striker, it cost the club it is widely believed in those quarters, a play off place. The trouble is NP was also alienated by MM not releasing funds to buy players as well! Mark Davies and later on Tom Cleverley for example. In fact he was also peeved that MM wouldn't pay for the signing of Simon Cox who NP at the end of last season openly called his 'top target'. So if Sousa thinks he is coming to a club with an open cheque book he will soon be very badly disappointed.

However, Leicester certainly spend more than Swansea do, even if it is via loans from MM, and have a bigger wages budget. The only unknown factor at the present time is if new investors have already been seriously lined-up and they have pledged more prospective new money to a new manager.

Someone has asked on this thread I think, why would a new investor(s) want a new manager when NP has looked like a very good manager and certainly not a failure? The sad fact is, it is a common highly predictable trait of all new bosses to want to bring in and appoint their own hierarchy of senior and middle managers. It happens everywhere, including in football. Thus new club owners = new manager wanted.

Last edited:
The sad fact is, it is a common highly predictable trait of all new bosses to want to bring in and appoint their own hierarchy of senior and middle managers. It happens everywhere, including in football. Thus new club owners = new manager wanted.

Man Utd was bought out and they kept Alex Ferguson

Milan bought Leicester and kept Rob Kelly

Arsenal changed owners and kept Wenger.

Man Utd was bought out and they kept Alex Ferguson

Milan bought Leicester and kept Rob Kelly

Arsenal changed owners and kept Wenger.
I believe the yanks kept Benitez at Liverpool too.
And our Malaysians were keen to retain DJ.

The trouble is NP was also alienated by MM not releasing funds to buy players as well! Mark Davies and later on Tom Cleverley for example.
As has been pointed out to you before only a few days ago, City reportedly matched Bolton's offer but he chose to go to the Premier League instead. Why do you keep ignoring this and using it to bash the club over the head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669