"There is no racism in football"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hallmark of someone with no evidence is to find some loon from Italy/Russia/USA etc. Yep, highly relevant.

I'd actually be interested if anyone bothered to do some actual research on the issue and consider things like the average age of a football manager against the proportion of former black players around that age. In addition, how many black players go on to take their coaching badges and are they under-represented in comparison to white colleagues on these courses. Or some research into how coaches and managers are appointed. Many appear to get their first breaks because of friends in the game or because they used to work at clubs. Kevin Phillips and Chris Powell for example. Also, someone could look at a proper survey of every former black player over the last twenty years and ask them what they're doing now and why. What proportion have tried to get jobs in coaching/management and how does this compare to white people.

If any of this proved that something was wrong, I'd be the first to support doing something about it. But making a statement because of a single statistic that proves nothing and using a few bitter former players to support it is not good enough.

The hallmark of someone with no evidence is to find some loon from Italy/Russia/USA etc. Yep, highly relevant.

I'd actually be interested if anyone bothered to do some actual research on the issue and consider things like the average age of a football manager against the proportion of former black players around that age. In addition, how many black players go on to take their coaching badges and are they under-represented in comparison to white colleagues on these courses. Or some research into how coaches and managers are appointed. Many appear to get their first breaks because of friends in the game or because they used to work at clubs. Kevin Phillips and Chris Powell for example. Also, someone could look at a proper survey of every former black player over the last twenty years and ask them what they're doing now and why. What proportion have tried to get jobs in coaching/management and how does this compare to white people.

If any of this proved that something was wrong, I'd be the first to support doing something about it. But making a statement because of a single statistic that proves nothing and using a few bitter former players to support it is not good enough.
I think Mawsley's argument is with Mourinho's opening assertion in the posted video.

Go on then, if that's the information you seek then go find it. It has **** all to do with my very simple point but it ought to keep you out of trouble.

How many black owners of football clubs are there?

I think that it is pretty clear cut that there is quite a bit of racism in football. People always trot out the line 'there just aren't enough good candidates' or 'they just don't want to do it' or 'they just don't mix in the same circles'. A few months ago there were no black managers in the football league ie all 92. But it is not just the managers, it is the coaching, back room staff and executive.
And as for proof - they have been multiple studies of this in the work place. If you send out identical CV with different names ie typically 'white' sounding names and typical 'black' sounding names, the white sounding names are over 50% more likely to be called for interview. And when asked the interviewers can't tell you why they discriminated against the black sounding names.
And yes JM is right there is no racism in football if you are white and ignore it.

And as for proof - they have been multiple studies of this in the work place. If you send out identical CV with different names ie typically 'white' sounding names and typical 'black' sounding names, the white sounding names are over 50% more likely to be called for interview. And when asked the interviewers can't tell you why they discriminated against the black sounding names.
I hadn't heard of a study like that being done in football, do you have a link to any of those?

I bet making up the typical black man names was an enjoyable experience :081: names from Disney shorts or something?

I think that it is pretty clear cut that there is quite a bit of racism in football.

Aha, you'd have thought so but apparently it's nothing more than a rumour by people with GCSE Sociology qualifications.

I'm hoping BN can get back to us soon with the results of his exhaustive research to put a lid on the matter. Failing that I'll make up a picture in Photoshop using images of lolcats, Wayne Brown and Carlton Palmer.

I'm hoping BN can get back to us soon with the results of his exhaustive research to put a lid on the matter

I have attempted to get funding for a large scale investigation into random statements from ill informed people, featuring a specific analysis of mindless assertions of racism in any circumstance where someone, for their own purposes, asserts it to be a factor.

Unfortunately, it was rejected on the basis that it could be perceived as racist.

Instead, I contacted representatives of the owners of all forty four clubs in the top two divisions of English football. Only one of which have deemed a black man to be worthy of the position of manager; the racist pigs. This has proved trickier than I originally thought. Largely because most of these clubs are foreign owned so translating my questions into the respective languages of China, Russia, Italy, Pakistan, Serbia, Kuwait, Latvia, Iceland, Switzerland, India, UAE, Thailand, Egypt and Iran has taken some time.

I remain undeterred though. As Mersey Fox so ably put it, having an overtly black name such as 'Chris Powell' must be holding our exceptionally talented, black skinned, brothers back. It simply must be true. This brings me to the second part of the study. I sent out identical CVs from one 'Paul Ince' and one 'Desmond Nignog' to all these clubs requesting a job in any footballing capacity. To date, I regret to inform you that Paul Ince isn't proving popular in comparison to Desmond. Apparently, clubs have some knowledge of the skills of a real person called Paul Ince and so have decided to make decisions based on this. Damn it! Our Desmond on the other hand, is in heavy demand. In fact, I'm thinking of blacking myself up in a hilarious Mrs. Doutfire type way and earning myself a fortune.

I'll keep you informed.

I have attempted to get funding for a large scale investigation into random statements from ill informed people, featuring a specific analysis of mindless assertions of racism in any circumstance where someone, for their own purposes, asserts it to be a factor.

Unfortunately, it was rejected on the basis that it could be perceived as racist.

Instead, I contacted representatives of the owners of all forty four clubs in the top two divisions of English football. Only one of which have deemed a black man to be worthy of the position of manager; the racist pigs. This has proved trickier than I originally thought. Largely because most of these clubs are foreign owned so translating my questions into the respective languages of China, Russia, Italy, Pakistan, Serbia, Kuwait, Latvia, Iceland, Switzerland, India, UAE, Thailand, Egypt and Iran has taken some time.

I remain undeterred though. As Mersey Fox so ably put it, having an overtly black name such as 'Chris Powell' must be holding our exceptionally talented, black skinned, brothers back. It simply must be true. This brings me to the second part of the study. I sent out identical CVs from one 'Paul Ince' and one 'Desmond Nignog' to all these clubs requesting a job in any footballing capacity. To date, I regret to inform you that Paul Ince isn't proving popular in comparison to Desmond. Apparently, clubs have some knowledge of the skills of a real person called Paul Ince and so have decided to make decisions based on this. Damn it! Our Desmond on the other hand, is in heavy demand. In fact, I'm thinking of blacking myself up in a hilarious Mrs. Doutfire type way and earning myself a fortune.

I'll keep you informed.

:icon_lol:

I'll keep you informed.
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Post of the ****ing year.

I'll keep you informed.

Brilliant

I'll keep you informed.

Don't agree with your conclusion BN but that was lol-worthy

I'll keep you informed.

Lol

I'll keep you informed.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673