They're talking about us

Excellent

That’s not necessarily a bad thing, I agree. It would just make a nice change to have a team analysed and maybe be told something that we didn’t already know like ‘Vardy is good’ or ‘Maddison will skank them at some point’.

On Friday 14th at 4-45 pm on Sky Sports Mix is the Premier League Years 2015/16.

A chance for Boc to reacquaint himself.

On Friday 14th at 4-45 pm on Sky Sports Mix is the Premier League Years 2015/16.

A chance for Boc to reacquaint himself.
I'll set up a you-fund-me page to pay for a Sky Sports subscription immediately.

I'll set up a you-fund-me page to pay for a Sky Sports subscription immediately.

I think Sky Sports Mix is free. Or at least it used to be.

EDIT. It’s free if you have a basic Sky subscription.

Fine - but is it Sophie's dream to date someone who plays for ManUtd? Or just anyone who can afford a £800 bottle of rosé? (rosé for crying out loud!)

That's a terrific piece that summarises everything that I increasingly dislike about how the game is going.

When we conceded that last minute goal at Villa, my disappointment was muted. That's because in the back of my mind I had already written off the final because I feared that Man City would tear us apart. Man City had walked all over us at recently as December. They have beaten us in 7 of our last 8 meetings. I also remembered them humiliating Watford in the FA Cup final. If we'd got to the final, I was wondering if I could justify not bothering going to it.

If I feel this way, and let us place that in the context that we're 3rd in the league, how must it be for supporters of lesser sides? I hate it when the mega clubs win easily. Last season, Man City scored at least 5 goals eleven times. The last time Liverpool lost a league game to a non-big six side was Swansea more than two years ago. On Boxing Day, it was embarrassing how big the gap between the sides was. It's all fecking tragic.

Thankfully, several of the big six are being hopelessly mis-managed, but that won't last. They'll spend their way back.

The extreme capitalist model of football means that if we successfully qualify for the Champions League this season, we will enter Pot 4 which means, unless we're incredibly lucky, we'll be on a hiding to nothing. Especially if the vultures circle us yet again to take our most prized assets away.

We are where we are because we've fought valiantly against being picked apart and invested the fees we've recevied for players wisely. That isn't sustainable. We're going to have proportionately more failed signings and if we get too big for out boots, the vultures will just pick off more of our assets.

As the article says, we are the best example of a club that has managed to beat the system. But we haven't really. We were cutting edge in our identification of new players so what happens? Liverpool and Arsenal and Spurs took the staff away that set that system up. We get a great team? So they take away the players that they want. Our position isn't sustainable under this model. We're just hanging in there until our luck runs out.

The gap between our revenue and wages and the big six is colossal and something we just cannot do anything about.

Surely as far as players go only Kante and Mahrez represent significant losses, and clubs have paid stupid money for our players. Manure can have as many of our players as they want at £80million a pop!

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463