They're talking about us

Amusing to see how the football world moves on....an article on the BBC website on the 'superstar' managers this season included Pochettino and Koemann but not world manager of the year contender Claudio.

And Stringer was observing how quiet our press conference was this week - 'the show has left the town' in his words. I for one think it's a good thing.

And finally, column by Cascarino in the Times today observing how difficult and expensive it is for teams to make the leap into the top 6. Did they learn anything from last season?

Anyone know how to save that as an MP4 or AVI file please?

Use Firefox as your browser. Install Video Download Helper as an extension, and you can then download any video which plays in your browser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just focus on playing football for goodness sake!!

Sums Vardy up for me this season. I wish he got himself into the box as often as he gets himself into the papers.

This guy wrote some lovely articles about us last season. One of the best around in my opinion. And I can't disagree with this either:

Bollocks! It's not Leicester City's job to inspire people and to betray or not betray people. They are a football club, nothing more.
You must be reading invisible tweet words because I'm ****ed if I can see the bit where Ronay states it's was the club's job. It is a statement about perception, not a literal job description.

You must be reading invisible tweet words because I'm ****ed if I can see the bit where Ronay states it's was the club's job. It is a statement about perception, not a literal job description.

Perception also seems to be one of Mr Ronay's "invisible tweet words".

Just focus on playing football for goodness sake!!

A real signifier of where things are going wrong. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of BN's posts, but in another thread he suggested Vardy goes off for an intensive training camp to remind him where he came from and what his strengths are. That strikes me as a very good idea indeed.

Whilst I think it's required, I have to say I can understand how this has happened. I'm sure a lot of us would struggle to get as motivated if we'd had a 100x increase in wages and had the best year ever at work. His agent is probably whispering in his ear to make hay while the sun shines. That's what an agent would do if he was purely interested in the financial gains of his client.
Which, of course, Agents would never do, they're all about the player, right?

Whilst I think it's required, I have to say I can understand how this has happened. I'm sure a lot of us would struggle to get as motivated if we'd had a 100x increase in wages and had the best year ever at work. His agent is probably whispering in his ear to make hay while the sun shines. That's what an agent would do if he was purely interested in the financial gains of his client.
To the extent his appalling form is due to lack of motivation, I think it has more to do with winning than signing a new contract. I would at least like to think so (to avoid complete resignation to cynicism).

I also think we have to entertain the idea that Jamie is a more limited player than we thought who will only deliver under a fairly particular set of circumstances.

A real signifier of where things are going wrong. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of BN's posts, but in another thread he suggested Vardy goes off for an intensive training camp to remind him where he came from and what his strengths are. That strikes me as a very good idea indeed.

About right and the club needs to adjust it's strategy.
My guess is that it's about getting through this season avoiding relegation. Then a major change in personnel. I doubt very much that Vardy is a significant part of the future. He seems like a bust flush unless he can re-ignite his motivation and try to stop basking in last season..

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663