Thierry Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that place where he is he should be able to see everything.
...which is impossible as he is on the pitch with players standing in front of him.:)

But it was a mistake, not sure it was Fifa that planned it to get France through though...

Night all.

...which is impossible as he is on the pitch with players standing in front of him.:)

But it was a mistake, not sure it was Fifa that planned it to get France through though...

Night all.
It's not impossible what a tosh statement, it was a corner which the ref or lino had to see.

But it's down to a human error.

Bollox, Henry deliberately used his hand to keep the ball in.

The ref can't see everything. Henry cheated, whether anything comes of it, I doubt it, but it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

Henry one week, Ngog another, what is happening to our great game. If players became more honest, we wouldn't need video playback etc.

Bollox, Henry deliberately used his hand to keep the ball in.

I meant the referee of course. Players will always try to cheat to get advantages (sad but true), it's up to the referee to see them through.

Which he wasn't capable of doing tonight.

Players have cheated for as long as I've been watching the game.

I remember a certain toilet roll manufacturer falling over with great regularity in the penalty area in the 70's. :icon_wink

No, but surely the ref should have saw that handball?

The penalty area was crowded. Refs generally stand away fromn the crowd to a better overall view and so they don't get in the way. This means that sometimes they don't see things because there may be a crowd of players in the way. Surely it's not that difficult to understand?

****in hell, some people do talk some absolute shite on here.

Big sheds and all that.

I wonder if there would be such outrage if an England player had done the same and enabled us to qualify?

English players cheat all the time - Gerrard especially is one of the worst offenders - but funnily enough no-one seems to make a fuss about them.

Absolute disgrace, the twat wants banning from the world cup, only they could get to the world cup is by cheating. So pissed off I don't suppose sepp twatter will care though at least his team are through, absolute joke. Hope Henry is ashamed off himself.

Sepp Blatter is from Switzerland

It was blatent cheating, maybe if players of the game had the same sportsmanship of golf players like Harrington we would not have this problem.

Henry cheated, he knew exactly what he was doing and it has only further highlighted the fact that the game is now full of prospering cheaters.

Football is now one of the most dishonest games in the world, and I think it stinks. Anyone making excuses or making this more complicated than the vile cheating issue that it is should be shamed that they call themselves football fans.

It's wrong, it ruins the game and it takes away all competitive aspects of what would otherwise have been a fantastic battle to see who made it to the finals.

And all this instigated by Henry, the whiter than white angel who I remember having real issues with a throwing taken by Spurs in the derby game.

You my friend, are a Moron.

I don't think Henry cheated in the same way Maradona did. First of all Maradona jumped into the air and moved his hand towards the ball. In Henry's case the ball coming from distance bounced up and hit his hand-i don't think its fair to say he moved his hand towards the ball or intended to control it with his hand its just what happened. And he did in that situation what every player does-played on, you play to the whistle-how many times do you see players scoring from offside positions and playing on after a foul? They do it just in case the ref slips up and they can get away with it. He was just lucky to get away with the fact that the ref didn't see it.

And its not like he's trying to hide it-the camera's caught him saying to dunne that he had cheated, which he has, but the big difference here is I dnon't believe it was his intention to cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669