Thierry Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true.

There's always an upside and a downside when this happens. The downside is, Ireland are out of the Cup. The upside is Ireland are out of the Cup.
They would only have been cannon fodder.

and if the action of that player cost us the goal that stopped us going up you would still be proud of him.................. bollocks!

Of course i'd be annoyed, and I wouldn't expect the player to hold his hands up. But if he did the right thing, then I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it. Hopefully we would be able to go on and win the game after that.

I have played cup games before where I have been cheated out and it's gutting, but I have also played in a team where a decision has gone against us that shouldn't have, and the player did the right thing and got the decision reversed. His team-mates weren't pissed off with him, they actually seemed quite proud of him. I know it's not on the same scale as getting into the Premiership, but I can only go on my past experiences.

Anyway, hopefully something will be put in place soon to stop situations like this happening.

The dirty, lanky, c**tface, cheating, ****pig whore

Last edited:
It's happened before...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf9fx4ipF4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Or as Damien Duff put it:
""If it was myself or Robbie down the other end we'd have tried it ... you just expect the linesman or referee to see it."

From what i've heard and read, the average Frenchman is highly embarrased and disgusted by what Henry did.

If that was a Leicester player, of course I wouldn't mind if the decision went for us. But I would be extremely proud to be a Leicester fan if the said player went to the referee and tried to correct the decision.

It reminds me of a penalty decision a few seasons ago, in a game between Arsenal and Liverpool (I think). Robbie Fowler went through on goal, and whilst going past David Seaman he tripped and the referee gave a penalty. No matter how much Fowler protested that it wasn't a foul, the referee didn't change his mind. Fowler took the kick, and passed it straight to Seaman. One of the finest acts of sportsmanship i've ever seen in professional football, along with Forest's goal in the cup a few years ago.

EDIT: Might be a little bit wrong about that penalty. From what I read, Jason McAteer followed up and scored the rebound.

Completely off topic, but whilst looking for this on Youtube I found this kick instead:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjrKlg763YU[/YOUTUBE]

Completely off topic, but whilst looking for this on Youtube I found this kick instead:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjrKlg763YU[/YOUTUBE]

I see Henderson has not changed much!

Understandable anger on the Irish's part, but it could be worse, they could be French. Check out how much they get fleeced by gambling monopolies, those odds are robbery! The petition at right2bet is long overdue, please sign!

Understandable anger on the Irish's part, but it could be worse, they could be French. Check out how much they get fleeced by gambling monopolies, those odds are robbery! The petition at right2bet is long overdue, please sign!

Nice to hear from you again, you've finally posted your link. Have you still not answered the Monster Munch question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669