Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking on the tigers website, it appears this is only "Phase 1" of the redevelopment, with more work to be done. Any idea when that will be and how it will effect us?
This is how it will look eventually. Pretty odd imo with a traditional stand and then a bowl.

414lgdj0.jpg

I'm not saying you're predictable BG, but that isn't an adjective.

I am not bothered if it's an adjective, a verb or a ****ing saucepan I wondered if the word was wanker. It seems to fit.

I am not bothered if it's an adjective, a verb or a ****ing saucepan I wondered if the word was wanker. It seems to fit.

It does, and the first letter is indeed 'w'. But there is no way on earth I would refer to anybody as a wanker nowadays :icon_wink

W _ _ _ _ _

Looking on the tigers website, it appears this is only "Phase 1" of the redevelopment, with more work to be done. Any idea when that will be and how it will effect us?
This is how it will look eventually. Pretty odd imo with a traditional stand and then a bowl.

414lgdj0.jpg

I thought they were changing the orientation of the pitch? Obviously not if that impression is correct.

A very odd arrangement for the stand at the ends of the ground. I wonder if it is designed like this to allow air to circulate, or if there is some other reason for it. It certainly seems that it will limit capacity for a club that is wanting to increase it's capacity - there must be some reason for it.

The wedge-shaped stands remind me very much of the old Milton Road Stand at The Dell and I have just realised that they are wedge-shaped for the same reason as at Southampton - the roads encroach on the space available, so forget all about the air-circulation theory.

Last edited:
A very odd arrangement for the stand at the ends of the ground. I wonder if it is designed like this to allow air to circulate, or if there is some other reason for it. It certainly seems that it will limit capacity for a club that is wanting to increase it's capacity - there must be some reason for it.

The wedge shaped stands remind me very much of the old Milton Road Stand at The Dell.

I wondered if they could perhaps only get planning or legal permission for x thousand of seats, and the weird lower ends were an elegant way of achieving this.

I thought they were changing the orientation of the pitch? Obviously not if that impression is correct.

I think that idea was rejected because it would have taken a lot more of the land up towards the old Granby Halls. There would therefore have been much less room for the other developments which make the whole of the building in the area more cost-effective. Would almost certainly have allowed for a bigger capacity though, so it must have been a matter of finding the right balance.

Last edited:
I wondered if they could perhaps only get planning or legal permission for x thousand of seats, and the weird lower ends were an elegant way of achieving this.

See my edit of the post to which you have responded.

It does, and the first letter is indeed 'w'. But there is no way on earth I would refer to anybody as a wanker nowadays :icon_wink

W _ _ _ _ _

"Wobbly" is the only word I can think of, but having never met him I've no idea if that is applicable.

There was an article in the Sky Sports magazine a couple of months ago that said it would be completed over the next decade. Not sure if that is just the ground or the whole complex.

There was an article in the Sky Sports magazine a couple of months ago that said it would be completed over the next decade. Not sure if that is just the ground or the whole complex.

They are phasing it over the decade but it wouldn't surprise me if it comes at a stop once this new stand is finished. Credit crunch and all that. The pitch is going about 20 yards to the left if you were looking at it from Aylestone Road.

Wasting sheets of expensive card cos I'm a daft bint who kept programming the Cricut wrong and cutting things out the same size when I wanted them to be different.:icon_roll

Took me ages to get the bloody thing right and I'm not happy with the card now it's done! Ah well, it'll have to do and folk at work can sign it or not!

Last edited:
Wasting sheets of expensive card cos I'm a daft bint who kept programming the Cricut wrong and cutting things out the same size when I wanted them to be different.:icon_roll

Took me ages to get the bloody thing right and I'm not happy with the card now it's done! Ah well, it'll have to do and folk at work can sign it or not!

You're a perfectionist. They'll probably not even notice.

:icon_eek:I'm not!!

I don't like it cos I don't think I made the space for the words big enough...... I wanted the main focus to be the pictures(he loves his old films and all that stuff) but I did that and then realised I couldn't do what I wanted in the panel on the right, so I fudged it to get it on. Picture ain't the best btw but I can't take photos in lighted rooms, mess it up by getting the shadows etc:icon_roll

Anyhoo this is the card.

Attachments

• 2009_0427(001).jpg
    2009_0427(001).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 130
Predence Diagrams - Horrible PM bollocks. LST's and LFT's!!!

Precedence diagrams? It's hard to know how your projects could proceed without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  616
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle610
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58