Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
The things that piss you off (the things that piss you off), like walking in the rain and the snow, when there's nowhere to go.

I was arguing yesterday with my soon to be Ex-Boss about the hypocrisy of Bookmakers who bang on about responsible gambling,social compliance not letting people gamble more money than they have etc etc then they put chip and pin machines in the shops and fill the shops with highly addictive FOBT machines.

Isn't that a bit like saying - with all the fat ****ers in the world why do McDonalds make them burgers so tasty? Surely they should smear them in shit.

Isn't that a bit like saying - with all the fat ****ers in the world why do McDonalds make them burgers so tasty? Surely they should smear them in shit.

But eating Macdonalds isn't going to lead to financial ruin is it ? I've sen people lose thousands in 15 minutes on them machines and leave in tears.And MacDonalds tasty ???

its a bit like stopping booze promotions because of binge drinkers etc - the 'innocent' get punished???

its a bit like stopping booze promotions because of binge drinkers etc - the 'innocent' get punished???

From what I've seen in the past six months on those FOBTs there are very few people who have their gambling under control and sticking chip and pin machines under their noses is hardly going to help.Fair enough have the chip and pin but don't pretend you give a **** about peoples welfare

From what I've seen in the past six months on those FOBTs there are very few people who have their gambling under control and sticking chip and pin machines under their noses is hardly going to help.Fair enough have the chip and pin but don't pretend you give a **** about peoples welfare

but what about those who have their gambling well under control and fancy a flutter but dont have any cash, isnt it a good thing theyre there for those customers :102:

but what about those who have their gambling well under control and fancy a flutter but dont have any cash, isnt it a good thing theyre there for those customers :102:

Honestly YV,those are very few and far between.How difficult is it to go to a hole in the wall and draw a few quid out.Very very very few people put their bets on the horses and footie etc and paying with a card..infact I can't remember it ever happening.People use their Cards purely to load money on to the machines.

Yes, but the point is the hypocrisy of the bookies pretending that they give a **** about those that end up potless or suicide cases because of it

Yes, but the point is the hypocrisy of the bookies pretending that they give a **** about those that end up potless or suicide cases because of it
That was my exact point when he told me to advertise the fact they have Chip And Pin Machines...I'd put the one in our place away in a cupboard

Honestly YV,those are very few and far between.How difficult is it to go to a hole in the wall and draw a few quid out.Very very very few people put their bets on the horses and footie etc and paying with a card..infact I can't remember it ever happening.People use their Cards purely to load money on to the machines.

On and off I am a regular in the bookies but never spend more than a tenner on a single bet. I'll spend a bar max in one day.

In there, week after week there is a bloke who used to run a pub who spends all day with his missus in there. They are effectively bankrupt and currently renting a flat. They spend hundreds every weekend from what they have earned during the week. The assistants get chummy and so do the punters....unbelieveable hypocrity, if they cared that much someone would have a quiet word but never.

TBH, they are getting even more 'sorry' are bookmakers than ever. It's the same faces every week...tbh, they recently asked me my name and that's when I knew I was become all too regular.

On and off I am a regular in the bookies but never spend more than a tenner on a single bet. I'll spend a bar max in one day.

In there, week after week there is a bloke who used to run a pub who spends all day with his missus in there. They are effectively bankrupt and currently renting a flat. They spend hundreds every weekend from what they have earned during the week. The assistants get chummy and so do the punters....unbelieveable hypocrity, if they cared that much someone would have a quiet word but never.

TBH, they are getting even more 'sorry' are bookmakers than ever. It's the same faces every week...tbh, they recently asked me my name and that's when I knew I was become all too regular.

Tbh Hazz,its not the staff's place to have a quiet word.People can now exclude themselves from Betting Shops but they have to want to,I've had 3 people exclude themselves in the past week,one of them in tears.Nothing wrng with the staff being friendly and has pointed out there are people who come in,spend what they can afford and go.
Be glad when i'm out of it all

It was necessary talking about the staff in that regard. More 'friends' people seem to develop in there. Had one a few weeks ago setting his mate onto some investigation to find out who pinched some gear from his house.

I think HF's point is more, it's fine to do that, but don't then harp on about how you support responsible gambling.

Edit: If I'd read to the end I wouldn't have needed to post this! Lesson learnt

Last edited:
I think HF's point is more, it's fine to do that, but don't then harp on about how you support responsible gambling.

Edit: If I'd read to the end I wouldn't have needed to post this! Lesson learnt

They come across as supporting it because of one reason..the goverment tell them they have to.The truth is they want the last 50 pence out of the punter arse pocket and don't a feck how they get it.

They come across as supporting it because of one reason..the goverment tell them they have to.The truth is they want the last 50 pence out of the punter arse pocket and don't a feck how they get it.

It's the same in off licenses. They don't want people to drink responsibily, they just want then to get drunk, hence all the offers.

It's the same in off licenses. They don't want people to drink responsibily, they just want then to get drunk, hence all the offers.

which was my point earlier, you cna apply that reasoning to a few things because all companies are bothered about is profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58