Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he was speaking made me think it's something that's happening all over the place :102:

There's a collective belief system in the UK, did you know that?
Those pesky foreigners are always crying wolf about it.

Bars who think its reasonable to charge £3+ per pint

Come on lads, be reasonable, its ****ing water with a bit of barley in, I dont want to spend an hours wages on two pints.

At university it was £1.70 a pint max, now I'm lucky to find a place for double that. Leicester really rips you off!

so you need to pay £200 every 10 months?

In a roundabout way. Basically, every now then again NTL put an electric charge down a selective few boxes. The dodgi-boxs can't respond and basically become fecked. The electric charge is normally sent down em every 10-12 months.

Few people I know are on their second 'un.

£200 is the going rate to buy the box - one-off payment.

In a roundabout way. Basically, every now then again NTL put an electric charge down a selective few boxes. The dodgi-boxs can't respond and basically become fecked. The electric charge is normally sent down em every 10-12 months.

Few people I know are on their second 'un.

£200 is the going rate to buy the box - one-off payment.

Electric charges?!?! Hazz, did you just make all that up, you cheeky rascal?

Every so often NTL change the codes that they use to scramble their signal meaning all the snide boxes no longer work, but all you have to do is manually re-enter the new code into your box & you are back in business.

Electric charges?!?! Hazz, did you just make all that up, you cheeky rascal?

Every so often NTL change the codes that they use to scramble their signal meaning all the snide boxes no longer work, but all you have to do is manually re-enter the new code into your box & you are back in business.

My Dad told me 'electric charges' - so the term is out of date.

But thanks for the actual insight there Macky.

Last edited:
The rail service pisses me off. I hate the Conservative Party for privitaisation. Britain has the 4th richest economy in the world apparently, but it doesn't seem like ordinary people are benefitting from that in any way. When you go to other coutries in Europe like Belgium, Holland, Finland, and France it makes you realise how disgraceful our rail service is. It just frustrates me the way that we can't have a decent one like European coutries. Privatisation must have been one of the stupidest decisions ever made by a government in the last century.

The rail service pisses me off. I hate the Conservative Party for privitaisation. Britain has the 4th richest economy in the world apparently, but it doesn't seem like ordinary people are benefitting from that in any way. When you go to other coutries in Europe like Belgium, Holland, Finland, and France it makes you realise how disgraceful our rail service is. It just frustrates me the way that we can't have a decent one like European coutries. Privatisation must have been one of the stupidest decisions ever made by a government in the last century.

You obviously weren't around before it was privatised, it was just as bad then!

The problem is a long term lack of investment, which started well before it was privatised.

The problem is a long term lack of investment, which started well before it was privatised.

But if it was still nationalised then Gordon Brown might have invested in it. I'm just saying that now that it's in the hands of shitty private companies like 'One' and 'Central Trains', it just looks completely hopeless and it will be this bad forever.

But if it was still nationalised then Gordon Brown might have invested in it. I'm just saying that now that it's in the hands of shitty private companies like 'One' and 'Central Trains', it just looks completely hopeless and it will be this bad forever.

you are very mis informed on this. As Jeff said before it was bad if not worse than it is today. If was to be taken back, where would he get the vast amounts of money from? The NHS, Lottery or higher taxes

It's the same with the bus services as well, privatised to make more people use the bussed instead of cars and to provide a better customer orientated service.

Did it work? Did it ****, it made it even worse as now all it is are different business competing against each other trying to get the best profit, generally not giving a toss about the customers.

Will it go back though? Will it ****, the government can't be ****ed to have to arrange where a shitty bus goes, they have better things to do like spending the taxpayers money on a load of crap!!

The railways are inarguably better since they were privatised. It has taken privatisation to get rid of a lot of the archaic practices and lack of investment that have plagued the railway industry for the past 50 years or more. There are more people travelling by rail today than there has ever been.

Are you suggesting that Gordon Brown is not investing in the railways? I am sure that he will be surprised to hear it. I think he should immediatley set up an enquiry to fid out where all the money has gone that he puts in the box marked 'RAILWAY SUBSIDIES'.

And if you knew anything at all about what you are talking about you would know that One is performing better than the two-and-a-half companies it replaced, and would not be worrying so much about Central which is in the last six months of its existence.

It's the same with the bus services as well, privatised to make more people use the bussed instead of cars and to provide a better customer orientated service.

Did it work? Did it ****, it made it even worse as now all it is are different business competing against each other trying to get the best profit, generally not giving a toss about the customers.

Will it go back though? Will it ****, the government can't be ****ed to have to arrange where a shitty bus goes, they have better things to do like spending the taxpayers money on a load of crap!!

:confused: when was there a nationalised bus service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Brighton612
4Arsenal612
5Aston Villa512
6Newcastle611
7Chelsea610
8Nottm F610
9Fulham69