Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this is the definitive answer, as far as I know:

The new London Midland franchise will run the Leicester to Birmingham Service.
The new Arriva franchise will run the Birmingham to Stansted (via Leicester) service.
All other Leicester trains will be run by the new East Midlands franchise.

Not sure about this. I have just found the following:

In the consultation document, it was proposed that existing stopping services between Birmingham and Leicester should be operated by the West Midlands franchise. Following further review and assessment, these services will now be operated by the New Cross Country franchise which will also provide the Birmingham – Stansted services with which the Birmingham – Leicester route is shared. Existing service levels will continue with trains calling at the new Coleshill station – currently under construction.

So unless that was changed again, the stopping service will also be Cross-Country (Arriva).

I've found the list of routes for EastMidlands Trains.

exMML services

• London St Pancras – Sheffield (fast)
  • London St Pancras – Derby (stopping)
  • London St Pancras – Nottingham (fast )
  • London St Pancras – Nottingham (stopping)
These are the four trains an hour between London and Leicester that Jeff mentioned earlier.

There will also be a fifth train an hour from St Pancras, which will be a stopping train to Kettering. It is hoped to be able to extend this to Corby sooner rather than later.

Also, at least one Nottingham (fast) service will start from/continue to Lincoln to give a through St Pancras to Lincoln service in each direction.

ex Central routes
  • Matlock – Derby (to be extended to Nottingham)
  • Crewe – Derby
  • Nottingham – Skegness
  • Leicester to Lincoln **
  • Ivanhoe Line: Leicester to Loughborough **
  • Robin Hood Line: Worksop – Nottingham
  • Grimsby – Newark-on-Trent (some services to be extended to Cleethorpes)
  • Doncaster – Lincoln – Peterborough
  • Liverpool – Norwich (now Central CityLink)
** These two services to be combined.

I've found the list of routes for EastMidlands Trains.

exMML services
  • London St Pancras – Sheffield (fast)
  • London St Pancras – Derby (stopping)
  • London St Pancras – Nottingham (fast )
  • London St Pancras – Nottingham (stopping)
These are the four trains an hour between London and Leicester that Jeff mentioned earlier.

There will also be a fifth train an hour from St Pancras, which will be a stopping train to Kettering. It is hoped to be able to extend this to Corby sooner rather than later.

Also, at least one Nottingham (fast) service will start from/continue to Lincoln to give a through St Pancras to Lincoln service in each direction.

ex Central routes
  • Matlock – Derby (to be extended to Nottingham)
  • Crewe – Derby
  • Nottingham – Skegness
  • Leicester to Lincoln **
  • Ivanhoe Line: Leicester to Loughborough **
  • Robin Hood Line: Worksop – Nottingham
  • Grimsby – Newark-on-Trent (some services to be extended to Cleethorpes)
  • Doncaster – Lincoln – Peterborough
  • Liverpool – Norwich (now Central CityLink)
** These two services to be combined.
very interesting thanks;)

coming soon
img2.jpg

My information about the Leicester-Birmingham service came from Wikipedia, so it may well be out of date.

It looks to me that despite the new franchises having being announced, there is still some doubt as to who will operate the local Birmingham - Leicester services. They have been awarded to London Midland Railways (the west midlands franchise) and will almost certainly be operated by them from November. Under Central this service and the faster Birmingham to Stansted (via Leicester) service have been run as a group. It seems to split them is going to cause staffing difficulties, particularly for London Midland Railways. In many ways the Birmingham to Leicester service will be a bit of an oddity for LMR and it will not fit well with any of its other services. For these reasons, I don't think that they would mind to much if it were taken from them.

If Arriva were asked to take the Birmingham - Leicester stoppers, they plan that they would combine them with the Birmingham - Cardiff service, giving Leicester a through service to the Welsh capital (as it had when the Nottingham - Cardiff service used to run via Leicester). This would be instead of the direct Nottingham to Cardiff service which would then just become a Nottingham - Birmingham service.

There are also plans for Arriva to run a through Nottingham to Oxford service via Leicester, Nuneaton and Coventry. This would obviate the need for London Midland to run the Nuneaton - Coventry service which they almost certainly regard as a p-i-t-a.

believe me there are weirder people than me! I was just showing you what the new livery looks like:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69