Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boc if central is closing down-whos taking over all of there routes?

MidlandMainLine and Central lose their franchises in November. All their services are being taken over by Stagecoach, operating as EastMidlands Trains.

what about trains going from brum to leicester etc?

The trains that are part of the Brum-Stansted route will be part of the new Arriva cross country service, as will any trains on the Cardiff to Nottingham service that go through Leicester (not sure if they go through Leicester any more though, it only used to be a couple a day).

Not sure about the other Leicester to Birmingham trains though.

No they're not. Not all Central trains routes are going to be part of the new East Midlands franchise.

I stand corrected. Some of Central's services will be going to the west midlands franchise and some of the Central CityLink services are going to be part of the new Cross Country franchise. The former will be run by GoVia, a Go Ahead/Keolis partnership, and to be known as London Midland Railways. The latter will be run by Arriva.

What I should have said is that all the Central routes that pass through Leicester will be operated from November by EastMidlands Trains. Unless Jeff knows differently. :icon_wink

generally the only trains i know of is the one that goes to stansted airport and another which is a direct route

By 'direct route' I assume you mean the slower Leicester to Brum service that stops at places like Narborough, Hinckley etc. I don't know the future of that service because it's not listed as being part of the East Midlands franchise, and it's not listed as being one of the Central Trains routes being taken over by Arriva. So it could be either or none of those companies that run it in the future!
I'm sure Boc is beavering away trying to find some more accurate info.

The trains that are part of the Brum-Stansted route will be part of the new Arriva cross country service, as will any trains on the Cardiff to Nottingham service that go through Leicester (not sure if they go through Leicester any more though, it only used to be a couple a day).

Not sure about the other Leicester to Birmingham trains though.

FFs Webbo don't come on here with half the facts:icon_roll Do some fecking research and then get back to us...This Country:102:

By 'direct route' I assume you mean the slower Leicester to Brum service that stops at little shiteholes like Narborough, Hinckley etc.

Thats not fair,it's some peoples home:018:

Last edited:
By 'direct route' I assume you mean the slower Leicester to Brum service that stops at places like Narborough, Hinckley etc. I don't know the future of that service because it's not listed as being part of the East Midlands franchise, and it's not listed as being one of the Central Trains routes being taken over by Arriva. So it could be either or none of those companies that run it in the future!
thats the one-usually there is a service to leicester every half hour-the route above and the route that goes to stansted airport-will be interesting to see if the trains will be less frequent now.

Another snip-whos going to be running to central link (i think thats what its called) around brimingam including the trains from University to New Street

:)

Another snip-whos going to be running to central link (i think thats what its called) around brimingam including the trains from University to New Street

:)

There aren't to be any,you will have to walk ,there is an idea for them to introduce Rickshaws on that route carried by Students...I'm all for it

Last edited by a moderator:

I was relying on the knowledge of the local expert.
:icon_wink

Would you like to know anything about the Integrated Kent Franchise?

There aren't to be any,you will have to walk ,there is an idea for them to introduce Rickshaws on that route carried by Students...I'm all for it

who's in a bad mood today then?

Got out of the wrong side of the bed?

Pretty much the same? That seems to me to make it totally different.

Well it was not the competitive service that it was intended to be, it was meant to be a number of operators competing to offer an improved service but after time it has almost returned to what it was, apart from where the profits are going now.

It was Nationalised in 1969 and under the control of national government. That's what Nationalised means.

But it was the local governments who were responsible for arranging which services were run, where they went, they quantity, the price, the times and so on. That is what I was referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Arsenal614
3Chelsea613
4Liverpool512
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69