Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its happening to all government employees. Been going on for a number of years. My mum (a homehelp) has had one and lost all of her overtime etc, the mother-in-law (a social worker) had one and lost a load and the mrs (a nurse) is having one at the mo and it looks like she will lose all her special duties and unsocial hours monies as well.

FFS It's a utter joke.

They wanted to take £1100 off me - our office is in mutiny at the minute. Some have got pay rise's, others expected to take a 4 grand pay cut, managers wanting to move away, a team with one permanent member, agency staff naming their price. :icon_roll

I shall stop talking about work now. ;)

Moderators who 'lock' finished threads so normal people can't post but then 'unlock' them on a whim when they want to add a post themselves.

:icon_wink

Moderators who 'lock' finished threads so normal people can't post but then 'unlock' them on a whim when they want to add a post themselves.

:icon_wink

If you're talking about my recent post in last night's match thread, I neither locked the thread nor unlocked it. I simply replied to a post that was already in the thread. Are you saying that plebs can't do that?

If you're talking about my recent post in last night's match thread, I neither locked the thread nor unlocked it. I simply replied to a post that was already in the thread. Are you saying that plebs can't do that?

That's right. Mere mortals do not have any reply links on a locked thread.

Or at least this mere mortal doesn't :)

That's right. Mere mortals do not have any reply links on a locked thread.

Or at least this mere mortal doesn't :)

Personally I don't believe that match threads should be closed after 90 minutes in the way that they are. Many times I have come back from a match, read the thread and wanted to clarify/comment on something that has been written by somebody who was not there (I suppose this must have been in the time before I became a mod). It is a whole laod of bother to transfer the 'quote' over into another thread - and so it goes unsaid.

I see no reason at all why the after-match discussion can't go into the same thread. The split between 'match' and 'after-match' is not the same as that between 'pre-match' and 'match' in that the first of the latter pair is more about hope and aspiration (and often pure fantasy) whereas everything else is based on the actual event.

Personally I don't believe that match threads should be closed after 90 minutes in the way that they are.

The match thread can often get very big and people returning from the match or looking on the site the next day don't really want to (or have time to) read a thread with 100+ mostly meaningless posts before making a comment on the match. That's why the post match thread thing was started.

But people continued to post stuff in the match thread, which is why I started locking it, so only idiots like me can continue to post in it. I'll try to be more disciplined in future and post replies in the correct place.

The match thread can often get very big and people returning from the match or looking on the site the next day don't really want to (or have time to) read a thread with 100+ mostly meaningless posts before making a comment on the match. That's why the post match thread thing was started.

But people continued to post stuff in the match thread, which is why I started locking it, so only idiots like me can continue to post in it. I'll try to be more disciplined in future and post replies in the correct place.

What about my point of people who have been at the match wanting to comment on something in the match thread?

People wouldn't have to read through the "100+ mostly meaningless posts" if a clear marker were to be put at the end of the 90 minutes - perhaps that is what God made red ink for - and a note could be put in the title line about where the after-match comment starts. Without your clarification on who was booing Cort as his name was read out, I would have been surprised when it doesn't happen at Hillsbrough on Saturday - and I am not sure that you would have bothered to put it in the after-match thread.

People that keep going on how we beat Watford 4 -1, but don't take in to consideration games leading up to and after the game.
Also during said game, how we were lucky to still be 0 - 0 when Hummeeeeeee (I hate that chant as well!!!) scored!!!

People that keep going on how we beat Watford 4 -1, but don't take in to consideration games leading up to and after the game.
Also during said game, how we were lucky to still be 0 - 0 when Hummeeeeeee (I hate that chant as well!!!) scored!!!

happens every time we get a good result.

The 4-1 (or was it 4-2?) against Seff Utd a couple of years ago coming to mind.

People who ignore the bleeding obvious in a feeble attempt to justify their argument :icon_roll

People who don't realise the significance of the game against Watford.

People who think that General Chat is just for them.

The police, the law and any ****s who defend them.

Instructions on things. Wanky stuff, like the multipack of coke I opened today 'Serve Ice cold, enjoy anytime' - Yeah thanks for that cos I was going to drink it warm and was ****ing lost as to when was a suitable time to crack one open :icon_roll

Instructions on things. Wanky stuff, like the multipack of coke I opened today 'Serve Ice cold, enjoy anytime' - Yeah thanks for that cos I was going to drink it warm and was ****ing lost as to when was a suitable time to crack one open :icon_roll

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69