Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to pick up my new car today after waiting for 2 weeks for them to get it in. Only to find out some clown had put a dent in the wheel arch this morning while it was awaiting pick up. I'm not happy as it's a new car, they say they will fix it but I'm pretty sure I should be entitled to some compensation from them as well. But anyway, pissed off about it....

It is a new car. The ideal thing for me would be to get some compensation out of them and get it repaired for free to a top quality standard (i.e. have it looking as if nothing ever happened to it) - they should be sorting it out for me on Monday anyway. My dad knows someone in the know about these sorts of things and they say we should try and get £1000 out of them which would obviously be ideal as it'd pay for my insurance :)

It is a new car. The ideal thing for me would be to get some compensation out of them and get it repaired for free to a top quality standard (i.e. have it looking as if nothing ever happened to it) - they should be sorting it out for me on Monday anyway. My dad knows someone in the know about these sorts of things and they say we should try and get £1000 out of them which would obviously be ideal as it'd pay for my insurance :)

but the damage will always be there, repaired or not. I would go for a complete replacement if its a new car. Insist on it as well as compo, what have you got to lose?

Also look at how the guarantee stands if its not done by the dealer garage.

Last edited:
but the damage will always be there, repaired or not. I would go for a complete replacement if its a new car. Insist on it as well as compo, what have you got to lose?

Ive done it before on a car that packed up 300 yard up the road ,i got an upgrade in model as well ,it works to tell them as has been said :icon_wink

I can't see them giving me compensation and a new car, I think they'd rather just refund me than do that. If they make a good job of the repairs then I will have it as I just want to get out and about in a car - I passed my test nearly four weeks ago now and haven't driven since! I will either say I want a replacement or I will take the car if they compensate me enough. I'm thinking of going for £1500. I've been to see the damage and it's a dent the size of a finger nail on the wheel arch above one of the back wheels.. typical really, before I've even had chance to clap eyes on it some ****er has already caved it in.

I can't see them giving me compensation and a new car, I think they'd rather just refund me than do that. If they make a good job of the repairs then I will have it as I just want to get out and about in a car - I passed my test nearly four weeks ago now and haven't driven since! I will either say I want a replacement or I will take the car if they compensate me enough. I'm thinking of going for £1500. I've been to see the damage and it's a dent the size of a finger nail on the wheel arch above one of the back wheels.. typical really, before I've even had chance to clap eyes on it some ****er has already caved it in.

believe me you will be surprised at what they will offer sometimes in situations like this. Tell them you will write to the main dealers Head Office, threaten them with everything. Damage is damage, I bet you would not buy a tin of beans if the can was dented?

You know it can be slippery when wet

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69