This League 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect there will be around four teams tussling at the end of the season for the championship. I would hope that we would be one of them, but it's a long hard season. I would think we will have more of a certain idea of our prospects after ten games, it's too early to say now.

The most sensible comment made on here by a Leicester fan!! Well Done.

Just cos Leicester have had their first back to back win in a year they think they have the season wrapped up. Didn't anyone tell them that the gap between the Championship and league one isn't that huge or do they think they get a 40m parachute payout like when they get relegated from the Prem???? This is why its not as easy going back up as it is when you are down from the prem to the CCC, but hey, you are in 3rd position so it means you are definately gonna win this league.

Just for the record. You talk about "clean sheets and good defence records" but didn't you actually have a really good defence record LAST YEAR???:081: But you have 2 wins in a row (something you are not used to) so that means you will defo piss this league.

Oh well we will see tonight who is the best striker so far as Fryatt and Beckford are both up for Powerade Player of the month, results tonight, so that should at least iron one argument out to say the least. I will even be big enough to admit defeat if Fryatt happens to win it. Besides it's only fair seeing Beckford won Player of the YEAR last season.!!

See you tonight guys.!!:081::081::081:

Last edited:
bd8e5d3727b4e71a1d3ef5f21b60cb68.gif

Just cos Leicester have had their first back to back win in a year they think they have the season wrapped up. Didn't anyone tell them that the gap between the Championship and league one isn't that huge or do they think they get a 40m parachute payout like when they get relegated from the Prem???? This is why its not as easy going back up as it is when you are down from the prem to the CCC, but hey, you are in 3rd position so it means you are definately gonna win this league.

Just for the record. You talk about "clean sheets and good defence records" but didn't you actually have a really good defence record LAST YEAR???:081: But you have 2 wins in a row (something you are not used to) so that means you will defoon piss this league.

Oh well we will see tonight who is the best striker so far as Fryatt and Beckford are both up for Powerade Player of the month, results tonight, so that should at least iron one argument out to say the least. I will even be big enough to admit defeat if Fryatt happens to win it. Besides it's only fair seeing Beckford won Player of the YEAR last season.!!

Personally I think Danny Graham will win it!

IMO it will be between Leicester, Leeds and Carlisle for the top 2 positions. Oldham have had a good start to the season but will fall away and the remaining teams will keep taking points of each other. Leeds did well at the weekend but wont be able to reply on three 25 yard screamers every week.

I think Carlisle will do very well this season, almost got automatically promoted last season and have managed to keep the majority of their squad together.

The problem with you stating that it is a difficult league is that so far we have not experienced it, much like you didnt at the beginning of last season. I think the majority of sane Leicester fans will agree its not going to be a walk in the park, but at the same time we still have a squad that should get us promoted.

Just for the record. You talk about "clean sheets and good defence records" but didn't you actually have a really good defence record LAST YEAR???:081: But you have 2 wins in a row (something you are not used to) so that means you will defo piss this league.

If we go up I won't care less who is the better player. Come to think of it I don't care now.

According to Soccerbase Beckfor has scored 37 goals in his entire career ( I don't know how accurate that is with regards including his 8 this season) Whereas Fryatt has scored 48 so who knows, maybe they have both found their level. Has Beckford scored many any higher than League 1?

Beckford for Engerland

after seeing the standard of this league so far i am sure we have a better team and squad than most others, Leeds should make the play-offs at least.

Anyway Why are you on here trying to convince us that Beckford is the greatest thing since sliced bread, do you not have any northern friends that you can sit around with and write love letters to the over-rated tosspot?

Beckford has a good goal scoring record in league 1, but if he ever moves up the leagues he will be found out like so many other "quality" strikers.

David Nugent anyone?

Last edited:

Gracing us with your presence and good sir?

I personnaly have no problems with fans of other clubs coming on here, its funny and afew have constructive things to say. But is there any possible way you could try and be abit less narrow minded and repetative? Because i think we all have the message that we are shit and Beckford is the greatest ****ing striker ever to grace God's green earth.

I was talking to a Leeds fan today, he reckons this Beckinsale geezer is the most over rated player at the club.

I was talking to a Leeds fan today, he reckons this Beckinsale geezer is the most over rated player at the club.

i still think he is some 14 year old twat who sits at home alone attempting to insult people via the web.

Bet he has never been to a game and beckford is the only player he knows.

Like its been said, if he was all that he wouldn't be in the 3rd division, i'll make my mind up when i see him play, word of mouth seems to be everything i league 1, so i find it funny when i hear other fans getting jelous about us having players like DJ and Kish.

it is after all a great honour to win such an award, being previously given to Trevor Benjamin, DJ Campbell and Ade Akinbiyi it really is the top award for any footballer to win and a clear sign of who is the cream of the crop.

Seeing as Graham won it does that mean he's the best striker in the league and that Carlisle are better than Leeds?

it is after all a great honour to win such an award, being previously given to Trevor Benjamin, DJ Campbell and Ade Akinbiyi it really is the top award for any footballer to win and a clear sign of who is the cream of the crop.

Seeing as Graham won it does that mean he's the best striker in the league and that Carlisle are better than Leeds?

Something tells me he may not be back for a while :icon_bigg

Beckford who :102:

something tells me he will, his posts keep contradicting previous ones so perhaps not winning this award means Beckford is better than the award and turned it down???

oh well we've had our fun, it is nice how we unite when a complete twat comes over here posting on our forums...............bloody northeners:mad:

oh well we've had our fun, it is nice how we unite when a complete twat comes over here posting on our forums...............bloody northeners:mad:

nowt wrong with northerners :icon_wink just Yorkshire folk. they're a breed of their own

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58