This Ross/Brand Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about only 2 people complaining at the time is that nobody with any brains listens to that talentless twat Brand.

When these things are brought to wider attention then people are bound to complain, what's wrong with that?

The fact that there is ****all to complain about?

I can see how Andrew Sachs and his grandaughter may not have been too pleased but 18,000 unrelated people ffs

What they did was out of order, but it could have been dealt with as an internal discipline issue, apologies in the media if needed. There was no need for political interference. Somebody's pocket is being lined by all this PR somewhere, we shall no doubt find out who soon.

Sachs has a book coming out I heard.

I can't stand Wross, I think his chat show has good guests but his questioning is lazy and he licks everyones' arses.

In your opinion. When somebody rings you up and tells you how they've ****ed your daughter we'll see if you think it's funny.

Firstly, I didn't say any of it was 'funny', it's about as funny as getting AIDS up the arse.

Secondly, you're confusing the issue Major. You asked what was wrong with 18 000 people, who hadn't heard the show, complaining two weeks after the incident.
Andrew Sachs is the only person with any right to complain, not 18 000 ****wits that have ****all better to do than get offended on his behalf.

Firstly, I didn't say any of it was 'funny', it's about as funny as getting AIDS up the arse.

Secondly, you're confusing the issue Major. You asked what was wrong with 18 000 people, who hadn't heard the show, complaining two weeks after the incident.
Andrew Sachs is the only person with any right to complain, not 18 000 ****wits that have ****all better to do than get offended on his behalf.

Quite

I think 18,000 people have every right to show their concern about media standards and to question how their money is being spent.

I think 18,000 people have every right to show their concern about media standards and to question how their money is being spent.

It isn't their money.
I don't have any right to moan about where roads are built just because I tax my car.

So the govt can do what they like with taxpayers money and you don't care?

Where did I say that?

Paying your telly tax doesn't give you any right to try to dictate BBC editorial decisions. In the same way, I don't have any right to decide what a speed limit should be just because my car tax is up to date.

If you own a TV, you pay your telly tax or you'll be prosecuted. That money then goes into the Treasury coffers, end of story. It has nothing to do with this subject whatever.

Where did I say that?

Paying your telly tax doesn't give you any right to try to dictate BBC editorial decisions. In the same way, I don't have any right to decide what a speed limit should be just because my car tax is up to date.

If you own a TV, you pay your telly tax or you'll be prosecuted. That money then goes into the Treasury coffers, end of story. It has nothing to do with this subject whatever.

It isn't their money.
I don't have any right to moan about where roads are built just because I tax my car.

If people are spending your money you have every right to moan, whether the people in charge are obliged to listen is another matter.

If you're unhappy with how your tax money is spent you can vote against the govt, none of us can vote people off the BBC.

Brand and Ross tried to get some cheap laughs by humiliating an old man, now they're the ones squirming and I couldn't be happier.

If people are spending your money you have every right to moan, whether the people in charge are obliged to listen is another matter.

If you're unhappy with how your tax money is spent you can vote against the govt, none of us can vote people off the BBC.

My point is, I don't earn the right to moan about anything purely because I have paid my taxes, whether you've paid your telly tax or not is irrelevant.

Brand and Ross tried to get some cheap laughs by humiliating an old man, now they're the ones squirming and I couldn't be happier.

What has Andrew Sachs' age got to do with anything?

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the whole affair is contrived, it smacks of a publicity stunt that Offended of Tunbridge Wells has decided to get their collective knickers in a twist about.

Last edited:
It isn't their money.

Of course you do.

I don't know what any of this is about, I have not listened to anything, I have not watched anything concerned with it. I have no desire to know what has been said or done.

But I really don't like that useless bag of wank Brand, so if it means getting the poncy ****er off our television, out of our papers and shunning him for years until he meets a horrid slow messy death in a coventry bedsit, then I will phone up and complain too. Anybody know the number?

if it means getting the poncy ****er off our television, out of our papers and shunning him for years until he meets a horrid slow messy death in a coventry bedsit, then I will phone up and complain too. Anybody know the number?

****, I didn't think of that, the number is 03700 100 222

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670