This Ross/Brand Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Is there a thread where it can be said that the so-called prank was crass and insensitive, that the apologies simply compounded the offence and that the BBC's first response to the incident was nowhere near satisfactory?

I'm pleased that there are papers such as the Daily Mail (named in the thread, but by no means the only newspaper involved) who are willing to bring this issue to the fore, to demand proper action by the BBC and to campaign for proper control of an organisation that wastes money in amounts that ordinary people find hard to imagine.

Willlow

Is it true that only 2 official complaints have been made?

Only 2 official complaints were made when the show was broadcast on Radio 2 and that was for the language used. The 18,000 people that have complained to the BBC have been this week.

In the current economic climate you would think that the media would have something more important to focus on.

Last edited:

LS6_Fox

Only 2 official complaints were made when the show was broadcast on Radio 2 and that was for the language used. The 18,000 people that have complained to the BBC have been this week.
Nothing like jumping on the bandwagon hey!

In the current economic climate you would think that the media would have something more important to focus on.
No way this is far more newsworthy.

lazzer

Yes its been blown way out of proportion
Yes they do both think they are beyond reproach

In a way i do feel sorry for Andrew Sachs who didnt deserve the abuse.
I have however no sympathy whatsoever for the degradation and character assasination of a woman who calls herself Voluptua and dances with a troupe called the Satanic Sluts :icon_lol:

They are however a pair of grade A tossers.

indierich06

I have however no sympathy whatsoever for the degradation and character assasination of a woman who calls herself Voluptua and dances with a troupe called the Satanic Sluts :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

She took up the full front page of today's Sun. It's hard to look 'devastated' and 'furious' whilst wearing a basque and red velvet gloves.

She must be absolutely loving all the attention she's getting! I bet her PR people are loving it even more as well!

Last edited:

highland fox

:icon_lol:

. It's hard to look 'devastated' and 'furious' whilst wearing a basque and red velvet gloves.

You have obviously never seen Mk Fox down his local Night Club when they are out of Cherry B

MKFox

hey. what goes on at 'pink punters' stays at 'pink punters'....

fcukcov

They havent got anything else to worry about at the minute, its not like the world economy is in the shit, there are wars going on left right and centre, terrorists strolling round the country and burglars being let off because its their first offence.

The Big Story
The Bank of England has estimated that financial firms across the globe have lost £1.8trillion as a result of the credit crisis, government borrowing is reportedly set to rise above £100billion in the next three years, extremists prevented from entering Britain are going to be named and shamed by the home office, America look like they're about to elect their first black president, two men are currently being held over a plot to kill said candidate, and the same country have apparently just invaded Syria.

So what do both The Daily Mail and The Daily Mirror deem to be the big story of the day, splashing it all over their front pages?

That's right, the bloke who played Manuel getting offended by a childish prank. Two weeks ago.

This country....

mediawatch
Found this after my earlier post. No I dont write Mediawatch, honest....

The Major

The thing about only 2 people complaining at the time is that nobody with any brains listens to that talentless twat Brand.

When these things are brought to wider attention then people are bound to complain, what's wrong with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669